• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Come see us at Stinky's we usually have 5-8 different fresh local fish every night for dinner. We have raw and 5 different styles of baked oysters. Our lunch menu is awesome also. We are defintely in your budget as well!!

We loved our brunch and dinner at Stinky's! Just remember - no credit cards (probably helps to keep the prices reasonable).

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Head's up on the Back Porch.

They serve Ameri pure oysters. These are billed as safe pasturized oysters with no detectable difference. Let me tell you now that they are disgusting! It's like a chalk filled oyster.

Disgusting!!!! I heard they were going to come out with a purified oyster and was curious. I like them sraight out of the shell..Apalachicola oysters are the best!:D

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Disgusting!!!! I heard they were going to come out with a purified oyster and was curious. I like them sraight out of the shell..Apalachicola oysters are the best!:D

How in the hail did you start eating raw oysters? That's one of the few southern must-dos I never could deal with. Fry 'em, bake 'em, steam 'em, wonderful, great. I can't do raw. I thought I'd overcome it when I grew up. Nope. Crackers and ketchup don't help. :dunno:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
How in the hail did you start eating raw oysters? That's one of the few southern must-dos I never could deal with. Fry 'em, bake 'em, steam 'em, wonderful, great. I can't do raw. I thought I'd overcome it when I grew up. Nope. Crackers and ketchup don't help. :dunno:

Dad was shucking on the back porch, my brothers were eating them and dad handed me one. You think I was going to be a chicken with my two brothers there? Ate it....and I loved it. I'm a fast shucker too!

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB

Lots of liquid courage the first time! My favorite way now is lemon juice and a tiny dab of horseradish. Don't really need crackers.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
If you actually end up in South Walton and Walton County instead of Destin, had a fabulous shrimp sandwich for lunch at Fabrice located at WaterColor. The Old Florida Fish House is a fun stop for music and dinner.

sonny

Beach Lover
What about Buster's happy hour oysters? Is that still happening? Been going there every year for 18-19 years. Love me some Dewey Destins colossal shrimp. I do LOVE the Back Porch because I was going there when there was nothing there but the Back Porch.---Sonny

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
Louisiana Lagniappe is back in Louisiana. After selling the Destin location in 2004-05 they returned to Baton Rouge and continue to serve fantastic seafood here. :D

I would avoid any chain that admits to operating Pompano Joe's.

Buster's! :eek: Probably the worst oysters in the SoWal area. Served dirty and warm. Please visit Hurricane's or ACME.

If you actually end up in South Walton and Walton County instead of Destin, had a fabulous shrimp sandwich for lunch at Fabrice located at WaterColor. The Old Florida Fish House is a fun stop for music and dinner.

And - Fabrice kept their original location on 98 just past the new Donut Hole (and about 2 miles past the 30A turn-off) - though it is only open for lunch.

Love Fabrice!