• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Oooh, some good ones. Cafe Tango and Basmati's are terrific, as is Fabrice. In summary, if you come to SoWal, you better be ready to eat more than one meal, out on the town.

We drove by Tango tonight, and we both sighed "ahhhh"....date night.....

then had some freakin' awesome pizzas at Amore with a pack of little girls!:clap:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Oooh, some good ones. Cafe Tango and Basmati's are terrific, as is Fabrice. In summary, if you come to SoWal, you better be ready to eat more than one meal, out on the town.

I'm on it. :D

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Cafe Tango for the intimate experience.
Fish Out of Water for the ambience and view.
Red Bar for the character.
All of the above for the food.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think the more appropriate question would be what to avoid which IMHO is nothing. Except maybe the "food" at Tom Thumb in Seagrove.

What kind of food are you looking for? Do you have a specific price range?

We like a bit of everything, SWGB -- we're always open to trying a new place or cuisine, and we're just as likely to eat at a local 'dive' as an upscale joint. Just depends on what we're in the mood for! I just wondered what the local perspective is, and I've gotten some great ideas and been told about some places I haven't heard of before that I'll definitely check out. (thankyouthankyou!!)

On another note... we also have a little thing we like to do, called a 'bike-crawl'. We basically start at one point, get on our bikes (these are the pedaling kind, not the harley kind) and ride a while, then stop at whatever local watering hole amuses us and have a beverage... then get back on the bikes and ride some more, until the next watering hole beckons. 30A is particularly conducive to this activity, we've found! We are particularly proud that we can still manage to pedal after our fourth or fifth stop...:lol:

We will continue this grand tradition once we get moved and anyone who wishes is welcome to join us! :D

:bicycle:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I think the more appropriate question would be what to avoid which IMHO is nothing. Except maybe the "food" at Tom Thumb in Seagrove.

What??:dunno: No hotdog at Tom Thumb??:dunno:The very first dog I bought at Tom was an experience..I grabbed my dog rushed home to eat it and there was no dog. Canuck lost it laughing so hard. He splained to me that you have to ADD the dog to the bun..what a goof.

My fav for lunch is still the Village Market..not healthy but good fried seafood. Dinner is a major toss up D&K's, Borago, Fish out of Water. Come hungry and leave happy Lisa!!!:wave: I also think Nick's on the Bay is a local must.

WlzMom

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2006
Valdosta, GA
www.mccallinc.com
:clap:amore, amore, amore.... I crave it when we are home!

If I could pick one for each meal:
breakfast/brunch: Hibiscus
lunch/dinner: amore, but man cannot live by pizza alone. :D we love Borago, too.