• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Can someone please tell me if we need a permit to have live music on the beach in Seagrove? thanks

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
seagrovelover said:
Can someone please tell me if we need a permit to have live music on the beach in Seagrove? thanks

In addition to what kurt said, regarding amplified music:

CODE OF ORDINANCES
County of
WALTON, FLORIDA

Ord. No. 05-04, enacted March 22, 2005
(Supplement No. 29)

source:
http://www.municode.com/resources/g...pid=12452&sid=9

Sec. 22-54. Regulation of use and conduct on the beach and water bodies.

[...]

(i) Sound amplification. No audio device, such as loudspeakers, television, radio, compact disc, tape, record player, or musical instrument, except equipment used by law enforcement, rescue or beach safety personnel, shall be used on the beach and water bodies in any manner, that can be heard by a person using normal hearing facilities, at a distance of 100 feet or more from the source of the sound.

[...]

Regardless of whether its amplified, you need to consider where on the beach you're doing this, and when. If it's on private property or near residences, the residents may have an issue. And if it's after dark you should be especially sensitive to the effect on others.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Smiling JOe said:
Is it acoustic or amped?

Acoustic, one guy and his guitar. We will be respectful, no music after dark and I'll make sure we go through all the proper procedures :cool:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
seagrovelover said:
Acoustic, one guy and his guitar. We will be respectful, no music after dark and I'll make sure we go through all the proper procedures :cool:

I wouldn't worry about a permit with one guitar. And you can play any time you want. If someone were to complain about one guitar, ask them to kindly find another beach. :lol:

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
How hard is it to get gigs at the bars? A musician friend of mine was over for beers the other night and brought up the idea of moving down there and getting bartending jobs and playing local bar gigs in about a year. Is it hard to get on the bills at the local joints? God knows I'm ready to move there and playing music down there would be awesome!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Mike B. said:
How hard is it to get gigs at the bars? A musician friend of mine was over for beers the other night and brought up the idea of moving down there and getting bartending jobs and playing local bar gigs in about a year. Is it hard to get on the bills at the local joints? God knows I'm ready to move there and playing music down there would be awesome!

Quite possible if you're any good. You need to talk to Olie at the Red Bar. He would give you a shot. He's managing 3 bars now.

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Awesome! My friend has been playing guitar in bands for about 14 years and is amazing to watch and listen to. The Nashville music scene is so hard to get into and so much business rather than fun and its wearing on him, so he decided its time to go. Myself on the other hand, I need a bit more practice in the next year! ;)