• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
I hope the "et al" will be an overflow crowd like the last meeting at the library!:clap:

Just in case, I am packing breakfast and coffee and a chair- I can tailgate in the parking lot.

You go girl!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Are the homes that are built on the beach "in harmony with nature"? Just curious....
In many cases, yes they are IMO. Get off the beach property owner's case. They have enough to worry with answering th FDEP, the Fish and Wildlife Commission, the US Dept. of Civil Engineers and a myriad of other "concerned" citizens and agencies. A lot of the beach front owners were here long before you were and have done nothing but contribute to the esthetics value and useablity of the beach.

reelgirl

Beach Comber
Dec 26, 2006
I just thought maybe if we did have "giant" signs showing the ones that aren't than we could maybe work on getting them brought down....

Joyce Owen

SoWal Staff
Oct 8, 2007
SoWal.com
signs coming down. more to follow.
Just wanted to note, there was a good turnout even though there was confusion about the meeting place. It was wonderful to see the parking lot packed and cars parked on 98. :D
There were media representatives, should be good coverage on the evening news as they were interviewing Dave and TDC chairman John Gillis as I left.
Gillis said the TDC needed to look at replacing the signs! Then Maurice Gilbert said remove the signs on 30A and feeder roads. Ken Gifford made a motion to immediately remove them, it lost 3 to 4. Another motion, by Mary Brown, to take down the community id signs, passed.
There's still much work to be done. I believe the energy is there to continue to attend the meetings, work with other groups to find signs that reflect the beauty of the area, and impress upon the TDC that this is our community and our voice will be heard.