• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
When we lived in SoWal, D&K was one of our favorite lunch spots. And we grew up on New Orleans/Baton Rouge fab food. D&K is really, really good. :D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave:...Gumbo by candlelight....works for me!

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
We went there on Wednesday for lunch and it was GREAT.

Keep the veggie sandwich on the menu!

Open back up soon, best place in Grayton for lunch.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I love you all :love: You make tears roll down my face when I read such kindness. Right now you can't imagine how much that means to me. It's a very emotional time around our home/cafe right now. I have slipped and busted my right knee....now I have two really bad knees and am not much help at the Cafe. I can't believe I have done this to myself. :dunno::bang:

Well, I do want to tell everyone if you want the BBQ Shrimp Doug said he will make it for you when you come in.....just let our staff know!

Kat & Doug

srich3

Beach Comber
Jan 3, 2008
Omaha, NE
Kat

We came in Feb (I wrote about our experience on another post) and had a wonderful time. Actually, if I lived (Oh how I wish) I lived in the area, I would be there so often I could help serve. I hope all works out for you and that you are back to normal soon.

I do have to admit I'm glad the bbq shrimp will be back. Live in Nebraska and still think about it:drool: Actually, my husband is the one who asked about the shrimp.;-)

See you soon

srich3

Beach Comber
Jan 3, 2008
Omaha, NE
Ok, this didn't post the first time will try again. I'm sorry to hear about all your problems and hope things are back to normal very soon.

We were at your restaurant in Feb and had a wonderful experience(posted about it on another thread.) Personally, my favorite of the trip. We are from Nebraska and had the bbq shrimp and it was wonderful. I still think about it. Glad to hear it will be back on the menu soon. My husband is the one who asked about it disappearing from the menu:D

Just want to say keep up the great work see you in August

Oh no - Kat, I am so sorry to hear about your knees! We have a history of them in this family - my husband stepped off a staircase prematurely and tore both patellar tendons from landing on the ceramic tile floor 3 years ago (he is mostly healed now, thank goodness), and I'm still nursing a bursitis from a fall last June. So - don't overdo it! Heal! Get to the best knee doctor you can find! And do all the PT they tell you to do!

And ditto the last poster - if we lived down there, we'd be regulars at D&K - some of the best food I've ever eaten! I'm sorry the Martini Trio came off of the menu - that was one of my absolute favorite items from our entire 2 weeks in Destin area!

Best to both of you!