• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
Subscriptions are $25 a year for weekly mail delivery! :clap: BARGAIN!![/quote]

Can't find this :dunno: Can you provide a link to this ??

THANKS !

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Great article on SoWal and the tremendous community-wide effort on removing the Big Blue Signs (very similar to the Big Red industrial signs at Target!!!). If you have a paper though, be sure to check out the negative letter to the editor. Uninformed, inaccurate and a bunch of hooie. Doesn't understand that the tax base will be preserved with actions like the citizens took to protect the unique venue of 30A. I am quite certain that this person would not have wanted 49 of the Big Blue Signs around Lake DeFuniak giving directions to how to find the different houses and buildings around the historic district. Three or four of these Big Blue Signs on either side of the historic DeFuniak Springs Library might lead people to the oldest working library in Florida, but what an eyesore and travesty that would be. Respect for our natural environment and heritage in both North and South Walton should be considered. An informed constituency will develop signs that will work with the beautiful area.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Great article on SoWal and the tremendous community-wide effort on removing the Big Blue Signs (very similar to the Big Red industrial signs at Target!!!). If you have a paper though, be sure to check out the negative letter to the editor. Uninformed, inaccurate and a bunch of hooie. Doesn't understand that the tax base will be preserved with actions like the citizens took to protect the unique venue of 30A. I am quite certain that this person would not have wanted 49 of the Big Blue Signs around Lake DeFuniak giving directions to how to find the different houses and buildings around the historic district. Three or four of these Big Blue Signs on either side of the historic DeFuniak Springs Library might lead people to the oldest working library in Florida, but what an eyesore and travesty that would be. Respect for our natural environment and heritage in both North and South Walton should be considered. An informed constituency will develop signs that will work with the beautiful area.

Actually, that letter was written by a former county commissioner. :creepy:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Oh, and if anyone has extras of the front of the Beach Breeze section, I'll take donations :wave: Fuzz wants a couple of extras and the racks I stopped at today were empty.