• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
justalocal, thanks for the map. That has for a long time been known as the Fort Panic Access, but I guess that name doesn't sit well for tourists. There are more accesses to the west as you note, but they are not on 30A. Ft Panic (Dune Allen) is the last one directly located on 30A

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
justalocal, thanks for the map. That has for a long time been known as the Fort Panic Access, but I guess that name doesn't sit well for tourists. There are more accesses to the west as you note, but they are not on 30A. Ft Panic (Dune Allen) is the last one directly located on 30A

You're right.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org

:nono1: Shhh! Don't tell anyone about the other ones! They are quiet & very peaceful, without too many signs.:D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Don't worry, once people hear that there is no parking at them, they quickly drive elsewhere.

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
I think most locals will not ever really have a problem finding a way to the beach. I'm most concerned about our visitors. I want to share the beauty and enjoyment of this area. I love to see people from other places discover our piece of paradise. Not just the beach and Gulf but the Bay, creeks, rivers, parks, and multiuse paths too. It warms my heart to know people come here on vacation and make memories that last a lifetime. I love to travel and find my favorite places are those where the locals are glad I'm there and anxious to share the best their locations have to offer.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I think most locals will not ever really have a problem finding a way to the beach. I'm most concerned about our visitors. I want to share the beauty and enjoyment of this area. I love to see people from other places discover our piece of paradise. Not just the beach and Gulf but the Bay, creeks, rivers, parks, and multiuse paths too. It warms my heart to know people come here on vacation and make memories that last a lifetime. I love to travel and find my favorite places are those where the locals are glad I'm there and anxious to share the best their locations have to offer.

I know. I end up telling everyone where I think the coolest locations are. I can't not tell them. It's why I love living here.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
The BCC has solved the problem. From the new animal control ordinance,

(p) ?Public Beach? shall be defined as:

1) The land from the mean high tide line to the Gulf of Mexico;
2) The sandy area next to the mean high tide on which the public has had customary use.

Finally someone has stated the obvious.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lol. Funny how they worded #2. Now people apparently have to prove customary use, as people erect no trespassing signs on property which has been customarily used by the public.