• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Teacher pay rates increased substantially under Ms. Anderson. She'll have lots of support because of that. No one should run unopposed, however.

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
I understand the teacher pay raises went up, some, but the morale went down alot. Alot of people have brought up several times to me about the principal switches earlier this year, many people in the Walton County were, and still are, very upset with the principal moves. I understand that if your going to move one principal because the school has a bad grade, then she should move all of them that made a bad grade. For example, I understand that FHS's principal got to stay at his school after his school had a bad grade, wonder why?

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
The principal moves were made with the students best interests in mind. One principal that moved, probably couldn't say it himself, was most likely quite happy to be closer to home. School morale seems to be just fine at the schools I work in from time to time. The Superintendent is doing a good job and has a long history of having the students as a priority. Having a long career as both a teacher and a principal in the district, her concern for their professional well being is also important. Being a teacher or working in school with students is a tough job. I challenge anyone that wants to work the hardest day of their life, to teach or work in some capacity in the school system. I have been very impressed with the involvement of South Walton parents in their schools. As long as we can keep outside county interests from trying to manipulate what we do and are about, we'll be fine.

Last edited:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
No secret there. She did marry into the family. I openly attended soiree so my identity isn't any big secret. Glad to support a great professional. I do have a Masters Degree in Educational Administration.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
WOW
Now that I did not know.
It explains alot.
Anyway - we will just disagree on the job the super has done.
Yep You were there. We talked 2 timesduring the evening.
Good group

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Don't fool yourself, morale is not that great among the teachers raise or no raise.