• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
It's obvious that Mr. Ryan has no idea what the whole up-roar was about in the first place, especialy when he references Sacred Heart. This was about a community and its having an impact on what goes on in it and the effect on their daily lives. Nobody that I know has said that having no wayfinding signs was the objective but only that said signs should be compatible with area. Frankly, anything we can do to keep the tourists moving along to their destinations is good - hate getting behind someone who is lost.
I agree it was an obsene amount of money to spend on signs, but at least some of them will be reused - perhaps on 98 near Sacred Heart. In the meantime, thank you TDC for heeding our call and moving quickly.

Right on. Gene Ryan just wrote a letter to complain. He does not understand South Walton or the communities here. Someone should let him know Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast is on Hwy. 98 not 30A. Two different transportion corridors.

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
BIG BLUE SIGNS COME DOWN!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't belive my eyes today when I saw work crews removing the "Welcome to Seacrest Beach" sign at Camp Creek Lake. As I drove down 30A I saw that all of them had been removed - at least as far as Watercolor. Congrates to everyone involved with this effort and to the TDC for the rapid response.
Thank you TDC.