• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
We have a fleet of old used bikes that we keep on the porch under our house (or most often just in the yard). They are not fine bikes, but all of them work and are useful. Sometimes, the bikes are used by my kids' friends and just left in Seaside or Watercolor or elsewhere, and sometimes strangers just come into the yard and take them.

Over the years, we learned to put our name and phone number on the bikes with a permanent marker. When they get discarded in someone's yard or along 30A, we will invariably get a phone call that one of our bikes has been found. Two of our bikes were missing for 2 weeks and just turned up this weekend - one at Watercolor and one with a broken chain on 30A.

If the name isn't on the bike, no one will know its rightful owner. Actually, my friends laugh because I put our last name on everything - cell phones, cameras, coolers, beach chairs, sports equipement, etc. They may laugh.... but I cannot tell you how many times items have been returned to me because the finder saw my name and/or phone number on them.

Just a little helpful hint for the future.

ellen

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2005
We had three bikes stolen over Atlanta spring break. The boys parked their bikes in Seaside and went to the beach. When they came back shortly after, the bikes were gone, including my father's beach cruiser that the boys were using. In addition, we've had bikes stolen from in front of our house in WaterColor for a total of SEVEN bikes stolen to date. Spent a day going to Wally World for replacements. So sad, but lock your bikes! And the house next door to me in WaterColor had their grill stolen.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
Geowicky:

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. We've lost almost a dozen so far this year, but recovered a few. Our losses occured during the two big spring break weeks that we've had. I'll let you know if we come across one that may be yours.

We strongly urge our customers to use the locks that we provide. It seems we are no longer immune to theft in SoWal.

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
We had a couple of bikes missing last summer. Found out that a couple of teenaged visitors were riding where they shouldn't have been and the Security guard confiscated the bikes. Needless to say, the kids didn't 'fess up, but the bikes were finally recovered.

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
Jun 26, 2005
Atlanta/Seaside
We had a green Huffy beach cruiser type bike stolen from Savannah pavilion during Easter. Had a white basket. First time we ever had anything stolen in Seaside.

Also heard this weekend a renter at our house in Seaside had things stolen from their car. There is some construction going on in the area so that might have something to do with it.

Not a good trend though:dunno:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Went out to lunch today, got out of the car and noticed the van parked next me had a open, operating laptop sitting on the passenger seat--no one was in the van or in the parking lot---come on people!...all that was missing was a "Steal Me" sticker. :roll:

If you don't want your stuff stolen--lock it up and hide it out of sight. Newsflash: Even if you live in a caged subdivision--this AIN'T Mayberry RFD.

Last edited:

Dia

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2008
www.imagesbydia.com
We had a green Huffy beach cruiser type bike stolen from Savannah pavilion during Easter. Had a white basket. First time we ever had anything stolen in Seaside.

Also heard this weekend a renter at our house in Seaside had things stolen from their car. There is some construction going on in the area so that might have something to do with it.

Not a good trend though:dunno:

We live in Seagrove & had something stolen from our car this weekend. :dunno::cry::sosad:

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Bicycle lock???? We always rent our bikes and get a lock because the guy at the bike shop say people do take them. Did it come equipted with that bell?