• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

georgiafan

Beach Comber
Apr 23, 2008
We have a 5 and 9 year old who love to swim , beach and ride bikes.

Looking for a quiet family oriented are where they can do just that.
for 4 guest.

Would like to be close enough to Seaside. I think.

Beach front or gulf view prefer with a price tag of < $250 nite but something newly renovated and very... clean...
We are used to Hilton Head houses community but I was wanting to do something different this time. We usually go with family and split the cost, not this year though. We haven't stayed in a condo or hotel in quiet a few years, so it will need to be a nice room to suite me.

Looked at Gulf Place condos they look nice, but it is 5 or so miles to Seaside, but I'm not sure if we would be happy only making the trek there once or twice??

Is Gulfside a nice area? or even Grayton?

Also does anyone have any opinions on Beacons condos and Cassine Garden, I think are in Seagrove? Does Beacons have a pool?

I don't really know anything about hte area we've been to PCB several times but never to So Walton Beaches.

Any info or opinions would be lots of help there are endless rentals it seems to be had in these areas, however I'm not sure of any in..Seaside with that price.

Thanks for all your help Sorry so many questions I'm just confused at this point.:dunno:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Beacons is Beachside, at least the 3 bedrooms are. They are old and do not have a pool. Cassine Gardens is nice, some units a bit dated, the draw back is they are across the street from the beach and you have to cross 30A in a very busy area to get to the access.

Have you tried www.seagrovebeach.com ???Thy have virtual tours of the properties so you know what you are getting before you get here. You can look up rates and availability. If you rent for a week, there will be more available and better rates. Good luck!

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Seagrove or Grayton would be a good choice but Seagrove has a lot more options for condos. I used seagrovebeach.com to find The Palms last year. I looked recently and they didn't have as many rentals as Garrett Realty.:dunno: You can spend HOURS here looking at places/tours etc..
Good luck...the area is indescribable. If you're looking for McDonalds, waterparks and hotels, this is not it. If you're looking for peace, beautiful beaches, beautiful water, amazing nature and first class cuisine...you'll be happy here.

http://garrettrealty.com/

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Seagrove or Grayton would be a good choice but Seagrove has a lot more options for condos. I used seagrovebeach.com to find The Palms last year. I looked recently and they didn't have as many rentals as Garrett Realty.:dunno: You can spend HOURS here looking at places/tours etc..
Good luck...the area is indescribable. If you're looking for McDonalds, waterparks and hotels, this is not it. If you're looking for peace, beautiful beaches, beautiful water, amazing nature and first class cuisine...you'll be happy here.

http://garrettrealty.com/

And friendly natives!!!:D

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
After my experience at Gulfplace during the Jazz Fest, I don't ever intend to visit there again. The "natives" there were not very friendly.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Probably talking about Bob Hudson's complaint on noise violation at the Seabreeze Jazz Fest in Gulf Place.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
After my experience at Gulfplace during the Jazz Fest, I don't ever intend to visit there again. The "natives" there were not very friendly.

:welcome: Hi 30ABandMan. I am so sorry to hear you had a less than warm welcome when you came to visit. PLEASE know, most of us love, love, LOVE our tourists and visitors! Without you all, most of us couldn't live here.

The Seabreeze Jazz festival is moving to Pier Park next year - but there is another Jazz fest coming up in Seaside. Here is the first weekend's lineup...

Friday, May 23 - Sunday, May 26 | Seaside Jazz Festival Weekend Two | Weekend Pass $150
  • May 23 at 7pm - Hot 8 Brass Band
  • May 24 at 4pm - Glen David Andrews
  • May 24 at 6pm - Little Freddie King
  • May 25 at 3pm - Dayve Stewart
  • May 25 at 5pm - Marva Wright
  • May 26 at 4pm - Walter "Wolfman" Washington
  • May 26 at 6m - The Neville Brothers
I hope you will give the area another shot at some point!