• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I knock down 2-3 beers every week at the Red Bar, and my beer is always cold. I think someone is just upset, which is fine, but facts are distorted when people are emotionally attached.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
So you were waiting in a restaurant that has lousy food and warm beer
why did you come in the first place?

Hey I was WAY out of line...just upset.

I was wrong and I apologize.

Bottom Line: The Red Bar is must-see for everyone.

Will be back, don't worry.

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
Hey I was WAY out of line...just upset.

I was wrong and I apologize.

Bottom Line: The Red Bar is must-see for everyone.

Will be back, don't worry.

sorry i got defensive,let me know when your in next time i'll buy you one

I must say that I'm so impressed that the owners of some of the restaurants named care enough about their places and their customers to respond to comments on the board. That's incredible. I even got a PM from the owner of a restaurant I haven't yet been to inviting me personally to visit.

Reason number 742 why I cannot wait to get moved!!!

I'm overcome with warm fuzzy feelings right now!! :love:

Prissy

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2008
santa rosa beach
Wow, someone doesn't like the Red Bar? We've been going there since they opened and have never had any complaints (except maybe parking, but not much anyone can do about that). It's the only place, since 331 closed, that I will order crab cakes. The gumbo is the best I've ever had anywhere! When we have company, the only place that is a must is the Red Bar, which is difficult on Friday & Saturday nights in season. Oli - why don't you just serve crab cakes 7 nights a week? It would make my life easier!:wave:
Renee (Fun in the Bun)

sunsetdunes

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
The reason is that the Terrace Restaurant serves WORLD CLASS food! Don't let the modest exterior fool you - this is a professionally run, absolutely fabulous place and the owners are wonderful people. I applaud Thom and Katherine for making use of one of the cinder block houses on 98 and turning it into a restaurant. The couple are third generation restaurant owners from New York City.

And you can believe it when they say they have the best fried shrimp around!

Check the menu at http://www.TerraceR.com/ along with the photos of their family resturants in New York.

PS: I have no connection them the restaurant or the family - I'm just a homeowner in Inlet Beach who loves to eat there.

Why is it good? It has zero curbside appeal, so give us a reason to want to visit!

Last edited:

sunsetdunes

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Here is my experience with the Red Bar. First time, about 1999, service was good, so was the food. I went several times after that, and everything was ok. However, my last visit, about 2 years ago, the waitress asked me "how is everything?", and I told her it wasn't very good. The waitress argued with me, told me everyone else liked the food and she didn't understand why I had a problem with it! When a customer complains about something, the correct response is to offer to fix the problem, not to argue with the customer!

I haven't been back. Unless someone gives me a compelling reason, such as new management, I won't go back and won't recommend it to my friends as well.

Red Bar? You got to be kiddin' me.

If there is no music there it's not worth going.

Basmati's in Blue Mt a gazillion times better than the Red Bar.

We had appetizers at the place that used to be Shades in Seaside it was pretty good.

The piano bar in Blue Mt is pretty good, too.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Why is it good? It has zero curbside appeal, so give us a reason to want to visit!

We really wanted the Terrace to be good but have to say it was just OK. The ambiance was very dated and the food was not spectacular. I am not saying don't go there, but "if there was one place", I think you can do better.

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
The Red Bar is so much more than food.

Yes it is! It is also about giving back to the community. Just in case no one else has mentioned it, Oli and the Red Bar staff donated their time and effort Tuesday night at Butler Elementary. They supplied 300 delicious meals to help with the Butler Bear Run fundraiser.

It was a pre race dinner that raised a lot of money for a great cause - all those precious children of ours.

Thanks Oli.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Counting down the minutes until we're back in SoWal!!!

So, if there was one place you would eat while you were in SoWal, where would it be? Inquiring minds want to know.....

:popcorn:
Red Bar is our family favorite. We also like Angelina's for their grayt lunch deals and Segrove Market is YUM for Fish and chips. I also like Flip Flops and Wild Olive.