• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flspearit

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2006
OMG! This post cracked me up....
First off, Caligirl, I hope I wasn't the annoying waitress, but if so, SORRY.
I had to keep on the tables since the manager was on our butts about coffee being full. I could tell it was bothersome to the customers but I did everything I was told, even after being told it was not right anyway.

I had so many complaints about the music the last week I was there. Again sorry, we had nothing to do with it. Personally, I hated the morning music choice, too. Try dealing with it at 6am....talk about YIKES!
needless to say, I got fired, which is awesome because the non-quitter in me would of wasted a whole season there.

Really I'm so disappointed. I was a customer there for years, know all the bartenders & servers, and had a huge respect for Oli but I feel like I was totally done wrong. Sucks, I don't want to spend a DIME in that place, but ,my brothers band plays there on the weekends, I miss Georgie's nectaritas, and I love the jazz band. (the food has never been all that to me)

Oh well, I know Oli doesn't care but it really hurt my feelings and was totally a suprise. I guess it's a hard pill to swallow, never been fired before! First time for everything....
thanks Oli!

K Wise

Last edited:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
After reading this, I have two sincere questions:
Why do people get mad about not being able to use a credit card at Red Bar? I carry a checkbook for those just-in-case times, and there's an ATM on the premises. :dunno:
What is a nectarita?

flspearit

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2006
I actually think that rules about credit cards!
Honestly, loved telling people it was a cash or check only establishment.

OMG!!
A nectarita is the most amazing drink EVER:love:

no sour mix
fresh limes and organic agave nectar w a superb tequila....

man...I miss Georgie!!:sosad:
even though I was done wrong, in my opinion, I HIGHLY suggest a nectarita!!
and sorry but Georgie makes the BEST margy anywhere...and I get around!:funn:

olive

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2005
I had to keep on the tables since the manager was on our butts about coffee being full. I could tell it was bothersome to the customers but I did everything I was told, even after being told it was not right anyway.

I had so many complaints about the music the last week I was there. Again sorry, we had nothing to do with it. Personally, I hated the morning music choice, too. Try dealing with it at 6am....talk about YIKES!
needless to say, I got fired, which is awesome because the non-quitter in me would of wasted a whole season there.

Really I'm so disappointed. I was a customer there for years, know all the bartenders & servers, and had a huge respect for Oli but I feel like I was totally done wrong. Sucks, I don't want to spend a DIME in that place, but ,my brothers band plays there on the weekends, I miss Georgie's nectaritas, and I love the jazz band. (the food has never been all that to me)

Oh well, I know Oli doesn't care but it really hurt my feelings and was totally a suprise. I guess it's a hard pill to swallow, never been fired before! First time for everything....
thanks Oli!

K Wise

Hang in there, K Wise. You know who loves ya!!!;-):love::wave:

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
first of all...I am going against the grain here but, I don't get why people love the red bar AT ALL. Maybe because I don't drink and I like peaceful places.
MY BREAKFAST WAS AWFUL!! Completely tasteless. Although it is cheap, I'd rather spend the extra $ for some decent food. Quality over quanity, which I know is not the red bar policy but it should be, especially at breakfast.
The place was so loud (stayin' alive at 8 am???please!), the food was terrible. I felt so sorry for the waitress, some older woman (who later announced to the entire room that she had to fart...did I mention this was an OLDER woman??...such class) kept coming up to her at tables and telling her what to do, asked me 5 times (at least) if I wanted refills on my coffee, after I already told the older woman, I was fine. The poor waitress just said "I'm going to go ahead and fill your cup, just leave it there so I won't get in trouble."
I have only lived here for a year or so but I think the red bar has a very limited fast-food type menu, which is fine for tourists but I don't get why locals think this place is so great. Just beacuase someone plasters a bunch of crap on the walls and duck tapes seats doesn't really make it a cool place (tacky & overrated would be more appropriate) to eat or hang out. I guess because there's really not anywhere to go in Grayton to drink and the locals here drink a lot, I noticed.. Or maybe just a southern thing, I don't get the hype AT ALL.:dunno:
Just my opinion:yikes:

hey Caligirl, where do i start,let's go with the farting waitress,caligirl i can assure you that farting is not part of the training manual and i will look into it ,let's go to the crappy food if well prepared the breackfast should be fresh,tasty and served quickly,anything less should be address with the manager on duty for a full replacement or comp,that's house policy,the music, i have a great playlist with clasical music wich is the music of choice for the morning staying alive at 8AM is not what i instructed the staff i'm also looking into that
Those points you made are valid and deserve to be address even the farting waitress {that my friend will be a new one for me}
Now let's go to the part where you sound like an irrationnal fool,"crap on the wall and duck tape on the furniture" to quote you proves me that you are missing it badly ,you said also that there are no place to hang out in Grayton shows me that you don't get out much.
Finaly you are sugesting that the locals drink a lot,which means their decision making is impaired,this shows me once more how unreasonable you are,who are you to make such judgement in the first place,i have lived here for almost 20 years and have knowne these "locals" for that long and i would disagree strongly with your statement now the final point when you say say "a southern thing" what do you mean by that ? that one goes right into the biggot,racist zone,please clarify this for us.......
have a good day

oli

Nov 18, 2004

thanks Oli!

K Wise

Hi Kelly,
would like to adress a few things here ,first i do care about you,
you didn't make the cut is unfortunate but that's the reallity of running a restaurant some make it some don't, i know it's hard to accept but it is nothing personal that i can assure you
So girl don't be a hater ,you can still hang out ,your bro plays here Georgie B.hand and all those guys are still here it's still a good place to hang and you know that.......

oli

Nov 18, 2004
No, not a bad experience. Just not my kind of place. So many others enjoy the Red Bar and that is great for them. Believe me, Oli is not missing my few bucks.

you are wrong on that one

kellysfriend

Beach Crab
Jan 26, 2007
I am glad as well. Can't wait to get to the red bar in the afternoons to drink and fart in peace with my southern accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.