• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kellysfriend

Beach Crab
Jan 26, 2007
Did you really think when you posted your "attack" on the Red Bar that everyone would agree and maybe give you a little sympathy, or a pat on the back,perhaps? Maybe that is an experience you should chat with your grandmother about in the privacy of her home if you don't want negative comments back at you. They have home health around here to take care of her if you don't like it here and want to complain about it. Maybe have a drink and a chill pill

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Oli, you know that you and the Red Bar are loved by many including myself. :love::wave: You have a wonderful establishment that many people would not miss on their vacations....me included, and you have locals that are there many times a week. I know that you do whatever you can to make it right for anyone not pleased, and I admire you for that.

I will see you in July. :clap:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
you are wrong on that one

Thanks Oli for responding. I think the Red Bar is a very enjoyable and unique place. It was one of the first places we checked out after moving here a few years ago. Just not my bag anymore. The no credit card thing took me by surprise. I have found that there are quite a few places around here that don't take them. As small as it may seem, I consider it inconvenient to me. But not enough to not patronize those places. I prefer something more low key and quiet. You have quite a gem in Grayton and I do miss lunch at the 331.

jewban

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2007
Really sorry to stir things up on here. I'm gathering that Oli is the owner. Obviously, everyone loves you guys. I didn't really think the owner would be on this board and get so offended. Maybe my opinion will help you straighten things out, as I understand breakfast is new. My advice, not that you need it, I ran a breakfast place for a few years, people like chill in the mornings, not food out before you can even wake up. Breakfast is tough. Good luck.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I had breakfast recently at the Red Bar and our food was fresh, well prepared and service was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant.

My daughter who has recently been living in the area, did not have a good experience one evening due to a very unpleasant encounter with a staff member when she visited with friends.

Good help seems very hard to come by these days and therefore experiences can really vary at the same establishment, so I am always willing to give any place a second chance.

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Really sorry to stir things up on here. I'm gathering that Oli is the owner. Obviously, everyone loves you guys. I didn't really think the owner would be on this board and get so offended. Maybe my opinion will help you straighten things out, as I understand breakfast is new. My advice, not that you need it, I ran a breakfast place for a few years, people like chill in the mornings, not food out before you can even wake up. Breakfast is tough. Good luck.

:welcome:You'd be surprised at who's on this board.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and see why we are reacting & also how it might affect other people. You've got a lot on your plate right now mentally & emotionally. I do understand a bad experience in a restaurant, but it also has to be considered that it might be an off day or something & that it's not always as it seems. Plus, it sounds like you've got a bit of culture shock going on right now, which is quite a bit to handle.

I hope everything is going well with your grandmother, as the pressure of having a sick family member to take care of is extremely overwhelming.

Hang in there, we're a tough group initially, but there's a lot of grayt people on here.

jewban

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2007
thanks for the kind words
you're probably right I am going through a culture shock, I think.
It's been over a year now, think I'd settle in.
oh well..
:dunno:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
:welcome:You'd be surprised at who's on this board.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and see why we are reacting & also how it might affect other people. You've got a lot on your plate right now mentally & emotionally. I do understand a bad experience in a restaurant, but it also has to be considered that it might be an off day or something & that it's not always as it seems. Plus, it sounds like you've got a bit of culture shock going on right now, which is quite a bit to handle.

I hope everything is going well with your grandmother, as the pressure of having a sick family member to take care of is extremely overwhelming.

Hang in there, we're a tough group initially, but there's a lot of grayt people on here.

Very well said OM. :welcome:Caligirl.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
thanks for the kind words
you're probably right I am going through a culture shock, I think.
It's been over a year now, think I'd settle in.
oh well..
:dunno:

I've got lovely friends here and it still took me a year and a half to settle in. But I also know in my heart that I love this place & that we are raising our family here. It's hard when you are only here (or anywhere for that matter) temporarily & you have no idea how long it will be.

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
maybe I just went on an off day.

You sure did Caligirl,listen we try really hard,you've been in the industry so you know it's impossible to please everyone,that's why i addressed the issue with the food service etc. you ruffled me a little with the drinking locals,crap on the walls,"southern thing" comments
i can take constructive criticism,the hate thing is hard to handle.
i'll say a prayer for your grand ma,that's a real life tragedy.
were you really serious about the farting sever?

Status
Not open for further replies.