• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
I had breakfast recently at the Red Bar and our food was fresh, well prepared and service was very good and the atmosphere was pleasant.

My daughter who has recently been living in the area, did not have a good experience one evening due to a very unpleasant encounter with a staff member when she visited with friends.

Good help seems very hard to come by these days and therefore experiences can really vary at the same establishment, so I am always willing to get any place a second chance.
hey Minnie, sorry to ear you had a probleme with sevice please get the name next time and Pm me i'll address it it is an ongoing strugle i'm very proud of the staff in general there is always seems to one or two that get out of line and make everyone else look bad,my appologies

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Originally Posted by Caligirl
that too! another reason! I have nothing against it either, I just won't go there again. All my friends that visit laugh about it, a 2/3 hr. wait for that?? Good thing you're so drunk by the time you get a table you don't care what you eat or even notice your food came out before your drinks and you only occupy the table (you waited so patiently for) for 15 minutes. By that time you're so ready to get out of that loud, dingy hole, nothing matters except hitting the ATM.( I bet the owner makes a KILLING off this little handy machine) :eek:
You certainly have a right to give your thoughts of your experience at the Red Bar. I'd like to point out a contradiction in your angry post above. You say that it is good that you are drunk (I am guessing you are referring to other people and not yourself) by the time you get a table, but then you are upset that food comes out before drinks. I don't get it. If you are drunk, why do you need more alcohol?

No need to respond to that question. I can sense your anger and realize the post is a little unbalanced. The Red Bar isn't for everyone, nor is Grayton Beach. I enjoy going to Red Bar and visiting with many familiar faces, many whom work there. I'm one of those drinking locals. I like the laid-back atmosphere in an otherwise somewhat monotone South Walton. I like that the bartenders are nice to me, and they are always ready to serve me without me even having to ask what I'd like. When Oli is in the house, he always is very welcoming and accommodating. I haven't tried out the breakfast there, yet, but I just might one day. I usually do the healthy thing for my morning meals these days. The music is good, and contrary to one opinion, my beer is always cold. I will admit that when the summer comes around, the Red Bar can get too crowded for me, so I just let the touristas have it. I prefer the off-season, but that is typical of everywhere down here. Expect long waits, because there are many hungry people looking to eat out. I've had only one complaint about the Red Bar, it is too dark when you come in from a very bright summer day. However, I think it may be the bands who ask for the blinds to be closed so that the blinding sun doesn't reflect in from the car windshields. :wave:

Can't wait to get to the red bar in the afternoons to drink and fart in peace with my southern accent.

KF, THIS was a funny comment. However....

If we all pitch in can you go back now and take her with?:lol:

...and...

Did you really think when you posted your "attack" on the Red Bar that everyone would agree and maybe give you a little sympathy, or a pat on the back,perhaps? Maybe that is an experience you should chat with your grandmother about in the privacy of her home if you don't want negative comments back at you. They have home health around here to take care of her if you don't like it here and want to complain about it. Maybe have a drink and a chill pill

I'm very disappointed with these comments...they were unneccesarily cruel. It's one thing to strongly disagree about Cali's comments about the Red Bar.... but to launch a verbal attack about a sick/dying grandmother is not constructive and only very hurtful.

Cali, I was one of the first that disagreed with your opinion about Red Bar, but I hope you know that's as far as it goes. I'm very sorry that your grandmother is ill, that you are dealing with this pain, and you didn't deserve to get attacked in that way no matter what you said about the Red Bar.

:welcome: and yes, you are always entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
hey Minnie, sorry to ear you had a probleme with sevice please get the name next time and Pm me i'll address it it is an ongoing strugle i'm very proud of the staff in general there is always seems to one or two that get out of line and make everyone else look bad,my appologies

I will and that is very gracious of you, I have not mentioned, it as it was during Spring Break and I know you were slammed with business.

Everyone does have a bad day and sometimes a bad experience with a previous customer gets passed on to the next one.

Last edited:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I've been waiting all day on tenterhooks for Oli to reply, and I wasn't disappointed! l love that the quality owners of the quality establishments take notice and address the concerns of the community. Bravo, Oli! :clap:

I love the Red Bar for dinner or lunch (when the tourists aren't in town so I don't have to wait) and their Halloween party rocks, but the breakfast is just a simple breakfast, not great food. It's a casual funky place and has its own niche.

People who want a gourmet or quiet breakfast should go to Hibiscus, Broken Egg, Blue Orleans, one of the coffee houses etc.

I'll be honest-- I hate going to the Red Bar, but that's because I hate crowds. What I love now is going to get take-out from the Red Bar. I haven't tried breakfast, but everything else I've ever eaten there was wonderful. I even picked up a salad a couple of months ago and they forgot to put the dressing in the bag with it--it was still wonderful. Again, props to Oli.

thanks for the kind words
you're probably right I am going through a culture shock, I think.
It's been over a year now, think I'd settle in.
oh well..
:dunno:

I re-read my post and I do feel bad to be so harsh.
Everyone has different taste.
:cool:

Nice turn-around, Caligirl. I love when people figure out how to get along! :D

May I respectfully suggest, however, that you might "settle in" a little better if you completely eliminate the attitude that would make you say something like "it's a Southern thing." Most Southerners don't even accept Florida as part of the South, for one thing, and you're layering insults when you make comments like that. I would never move to California and make comments about those crazy left-wing hippies and expect to "settle in." If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with...

I'm glad you liked Amore--there's a LOT of good eats in SoWal! Try Hibiscus and Fabrice for breakfast, too. :wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Excuse me, but I love "Staying Alive" with my breakfast, Oli's Dad rocks at breakfast and is the snazziest dresser EVER, and I will continue to enjoy our great food and fun service at the Red Bar!:clap:

:wave:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I'll be honest-- I hate going to the Red Bar, but that's because I hate crowds. What I love now is going to get take-out from the Red Bar. I haven't tried breakfast, but everything else I've ever eaten there was wonderful. I even picked up a salad a couple of months ago and they forgot to put the dressing in the bag with it--it was still wonderful. Again, props to Oli.

I feel the same way. I am so overwhelmed in crowds, so I don't go, especially during tourist season. Plus, I have a 1/2 pint tyrant that won't let Mr. OM and I sit through a meal anywhere. The times that I have gone to the Red Bar, it has been really great food.

There are plenty of restaurants to choose from to fit each person's needs.

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
The biggest problem with the Red Bar is there are not more places like it. I think the Red Bar atmosphere is what this area is supposed to all be about! Oli, you are a class act and run one of the most unique places I have ever been in!

BTW, I don't drink. Stayin Alive for breakfast!? What a way to start the day! Farting waitress? This is good stuff!

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
The biggest problem with the Red Bar is there are not more places like it. I think the Red Bar atmosphere is what this area is supposed to all be about! Oli, you are a class act and run one of the most unique places I have ever been in!

BTW, I don't drink. Stayin Alive for breakfast!? What a way to start the day! Farting waitress? This is good stuff!

ty bobby,you've always been a friend

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
If I don't like something I'm usually quiet.

When I do like something I like to tell people. I had a great breakfast at the Red Bar. Louis was all smiles and greeted us warmly. The music was fun and not too loud. The omelet was the best I ever had. No one farted (that I know of), but had it been announced I would have LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.