• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
There's a Goatfeather's Seafood market in Seagrove and a Market w/ Restaurant above in Blue Mountain.

They're local and have been around for years, but are not my first choices for either dining or seafood procurement.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
We've been to goatfeathers to buy seafood, but is there a restaurant by that name too? Any recommendations?

Actually, the restaurant in in Santa Rosa Beach right across from my house. It is typical beach fare with decent prices. They do have a good early bird special from 4-6. The Mrs loves their scallops. If you want casual and easy with not a lot of emphasis on the food, they are a good choice. We like going there for the convenience of it...

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Where to buy fresh seafood?

What are some of the recommendations along 30A to buy fresh seafood to cook at home?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
We've been to goatfeathers to buy seafood, but is there a restaurant by that name too? Any recommendations?
Look upstairs when you are at Goatfeathers' Seafood Market, in Blue Mtn Beach.

SingingChicken, you state that their focus isn't on the food. I'm curious to know where you think they focus. :dunno: I agree that the emphasis isn't on the food. I hear many people brag on Goatfeathers, so it must work for some, just not me.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What are some of the recommendations along 30A to buy fresh seafood to cook at home?

There aren't many places. There are the two Goatfeather markets, I think there is another market east of Yianni's, WaterColor Publix has some seafood, but I'm not sure if any of it is local seafood. Then, there is Shrimper's, but it isn't on 30A. Shrimpers is located on hwy 98, just east of western intersection of 30A/98.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Look upstairs when you are at Goatfeathers' Seafood Market, in Blue Mtn Beach.

SingingChicken, you state that their focus isn't on the food. I'm curious to know where you think they focus. :dunno: I agree that the emphasis isn't on the food. I hear many people brag on Goatfeathers, so it must work for some, just not me.

No no...If your / my emphasis isn't on food not theirs...meaning you're not going there expecting a Zagat rated 5 star meal. Don't get me wrong. I love the place. We walk across the street multiple times during our stays. They do great beach food and provide a great family oriented restaurant. If you're looking for a place to go where you know it's going to be good all the time and aren't expecting a McCormick and Schmick's type meal, it's awesome. That's what I was trying to convey. Guess I worded it wrong...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I see. Thanks for clarifying.

See, I told you that there are people who brag on Goatfeather's.
(Still waiting for kimmifunn to chime in...)