• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
:cool: funny!

And thanks for the thread, JohnR. Seems my first impression of Prominence is similar to what has already been shared on the board.

I was just thinking the same thing.

How can they promote "Green Sensitive Community" & clear cut the whole thing? The future owners of homes can say, "Yes, we live in eco-friendly homes, but the natural environment around here no longer exists in any shape or form.":rotfl:

I have always thought that the whole development was just ugly. I was hoping the project would go down the drain before they did any more damage. Now, I am just amused by the fact that marketers & developers can talk out of both sides of their mouth.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How can they promote "Green Sensitive Community" & clear cut the whole thing? The future owners of homes can say, "Yes, we live in eco-friendly homes, but the natural environment around here no longer exists in any shape or form.":rotfl:

I have always thought that the whole development was just ugly. I was hoping the project would go down the drain before they did any more damage. Now, I am just amused by the fact that marketers & developers can talk out of both sides of their mouth.

This describes MANY developments in Sowal. Overdone and cartoonish architectural themes, "green" mega homes occupied only part of the year, and far too liberal application of the chainsaw! :bang:

For a developer that was so concerned with "GREEN" he sure cut down a lot of trees, huh! This was only one of several things you will find on the web site.

"Geothermal heating and air conditioning is required in all homes and commercial businesses within Prominence. Hydro-Temp Earth Coupled Heat Pumps pull heat from the earth to warm the home during the winter. During the summer months, the same system pulls heat from your home and transfers it to the earth. Additionally, waste heat from the system can be used to heat water. This system redirects energy to the earth saving you on monthly expenses, eliminates the need for outside condenser units and is better for the environment."

Money is still what it was all about.:blush:

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Prominence

I am curious. Does anyone out there know the situation with Prominence. It seems in the last few years I come down spring and fall and nothing ever seems to be any different. Thanks in advance for any info.