• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I'm so excited! I'm a frequent Seagrover, and this weekend I'm bringing 4 girlfriends with me! We are all moms of children ages 2 - 8 years old. We can't wait to have a girls trip sans children.

Many have never been to the 30A area (are they in for a treat or what?)!

What are some "musts" in your opinion? We are arriving on Thursday afternoon and will have all day Friday and Saturday. Some are leaving on Sunday.

sooooo... what do you think?

I was thinking- Seafood at the house on Thurs night plus drink(s) on Thursday at the beach to watch the sunset, beach on Friday and maybe going over to Seaside later that day for the outdoor market and then Red Bar for dinner. Saturday - again, the beach and not sure about Saturday night. I LOVE Stinky's, so I was thinking about that. Also was going to suggest a grilled grouper sandwich from Seagrove Market if they want that for lunch one day.

We all live in the Atlanta area so no need to go to the "fancy" restaurants for the few days we are there- we get plenty of that at home!

Any other thoughts?

beachyteachy

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2005
When "the girl's" and I actually get together outside of work, we love Hurricane's for the Bloody Mary's and Rendevous in Seaside.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I'd still hit one of our "fancy" restaurants as they are top rated and probably better than anything in Atlanta. You'll find all the restaurants and eateries along 30A a cut above almost anywhere else. Get some take out from Cocoons to go with your sunset toast. Try Eden State Gardens and Wesley Southern Mansion up in Pt. Washington for a historic and beautiful tour. Shop for art, clothing and collectibles along 30A. Check out SoWal for performances and special attractions for your evening entertainment. I think Cafe 30A has Martini Night on Tuesday and Thursday. You might try that as you arrive and settle in. Most of my girlfriend guests always want to stop by Fusions in Seaside for jewelry or special glass. Sunset from Bud n Alley's is always special. Got to stop. You said you only had a few days.

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
Smiling Fish Cafe' for lunch (view of beach and you can just walk over to Ed Walline beach park....) and dinner at the Red Bar ! Criolla's is terrific, too. Eat up!

JaxGirl

Beach Comber
Apr 8, 2007
Nashville
Bud & Alley's would be a fun spot for ya'll on Saturday night. We love to go up there after dinner and on weekends they typically have a band. We also love the Old Florida Fish House - great fish and sushi and live music in the bar area. Of course you've got to hit The Red Bar at some point for dinner and drinks. Also, Hurricane's Oyster Bar is a fun spot for casual food and and great margaritas. For lunch one day, you should try Flip Flops Grill in the Grand Isle shops. The food is great (po-boys, burgers, etc) and they have some great daquiris and beers on tap. Hope you have so much fun!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Don't make any plans, don't rush to get anywhere, live in the moment and enjoy the relaxed pace of Beach Time.

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
I'm so excited! I'm a frequent Seagrover, and this weekend I'm bringing 4 girlfriends with me! We are all moms of children ages 2 - 8 years old. We can't wait to have a girls trip sans children.

Many have never been to the 30A area (are they in for a treat or what?)!

What are some "musts" in your opinion? We are arriving on Thursday afternoon and will have all day Friday and Saturday. Some are leaving on Sunday.

sooooo... what do you think?

I was thinking- Seafood at the house on Thurs night plus drink(s) on Thursday at the beach to watch the sunset, beach on Friday and maybe going over to Seaside later that day for the outdoor market and then Red Bar for dinner. Saturday - again, the beach and not sure about Saturday night. I LOVE Stinky's, so I was thinking about that. Also was going to suggest a grilled grouper sandwich from Seagrove Market if they want that for lunch one day.

We all live in the Atlanta area so no need to go to the "fancy" restaurants for the few days we are there- we get plenty of that at home!

Any other thoughts?
Hey LDR74,Oli here ,be sure to introduce yourself when u come in the RED BAR friday night i'll hook you up with a table if we are busy
saturday try the Funky blues shack in Caroline Bch,Stinky's a winner also

flipflopsgrill

Beach Lover
Oct 13, 2007
Try Flip-Flops

We are a fun easy place to bring the girls or the girls and kids...you can even wear your flip-flops! Just an old fashioned style beach burger joint right on 30-A (4281 E. Co 30-A), next to Amavida Coffee...

See Ya

Flip Flop