• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DonPtrl2@cox.ne

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2007
Fot those of you out there who aren't sure exactly what I'm referring to check it out... Your paddling on an oversize surfboard (usually about 10'-12' depending on your size and ability) with an oar or paddle similar to a canoe paddle (only longer) while standing up. You get the speed of a kayak/canoe but standing up gives you a better view of whats around you. Not to mention that you can catch the smallest waves possible with ease!!! The best part is anyone can do it regardless of experience.

I was out paddling around this morning for a bit and had a pod of dolphins (6-7) swim right underneath me and back again. They hovered around me for quite a while- I think they were trying to figure out what I was doing?!

We now have these wonderful boards available for lessons or rent one and go at it on your own. Give us a call and we'll get you out there!!!!

Matt Cassidy
850-582-2593
www.rideonsurf.com

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I am DYING to try this. When the Gulf is REALLY flat. Or can I go out on Western Lake?

Is it hard? It looks like the board is very stable.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
:welcome:to the board...sowal group rate????

DonPtrl2@cox.ne

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2007
It really isn't hard at all to just paddle it around on flat water- catching waves with it takes some practice. Western lake would be an excellent place to get started. Anywhere nice and calm will increase the learning curve greatly. The board is extremely stable, especially the larger 11'-12' ones. And once you get some forward momentum going it gets even more stable.....

Matt

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Jdarg, Tom (Yolo Boards) will do demos from the Boat House. I can give you his contact info if you want it. That crazy chef from Criolla's and I were talking about trying it out in the near future. I bet DargVader would love it.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Jdarg, Tom (Yolo Boards) will do demos from the Boat House. I can give you his contact info if you want it. That crazy chef from Criolla's and I were talking about trying it out in the near future. I bet DargVader would love it.

Woah! I am sure Darg V would love it, but every now and then his mom gets to try some fun stuff too.

Or are you saying that I'm to old? Huh? Huh?:dunno::wave:

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
Sorry boys and girls stand up paddle is sacrilege to the surfer in me. If everyone is into that then there will be less people in the surf zone. If I'm gonna spend 1500$ for an over priced sponge I'm buying a boat!:dunno:

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Sorry boys and girls stand up paddle is sacrilege to the surfer in me. If everyone is into that then there will be less people in the surf zone. If I'm gonna spend 1500$ for an over priced sponge I'm buying a boat!:dunno:

I really liked the Yolo boarding, but I have to agree about the price. $1300 for the board??? And $329 for a paddle!!??

DonPtrl2@cox.ne

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2007
I'm not trying to sell anybody one- thats for the shops who carry them. All I'm saying is that if there is anyone out there interested come on down and rent one and see how you like it. It's only $25/hour, if your over it and think it's not even remotely fun your only out $25. I love surfing more than life itself and nothing will ever replace it however, there are many days as we all know that the Gulf is a pancake and this is a great alternative for those particular days. Not to mention its an extremely good workout. I'll be using it as a way to stay in shape during the summer doldrums when it can go flat for weeks on end.