• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Katie, what a close call...I'm so glad you heeded your friend's advice!

The first time my parents ever spent a week with us on the Panhandle, my mother religiously applied her sunscreen--slathered it everywhere (and I mean everywhere). EXCEPT the tops of her feet! They got burnt to a crisp and swelled up and it was so uncomfortable for her. So Katie, you're right about being careful with the sunscreen. It saves in more way than one.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks to you Nomad, you have started a very imporatant public service here! KB...thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure many of us remember the days of no sunscreen and/or baby lotion to help us get that tan. I know y'all are religious about your kids being covered in sunscreen...if not, DO IT NOW! I wear at least a 45 spf on my face and 30 spf elsewhere.

drbawa

Beach Lover
Sep 21, 2005
I am the physician in Seagrove who has posted stuff on this site in the past. Unfortunately, there are very few dermatologists in this area and most of them are in Niceville or Fort Walton.

However, you can try calling Dr Scott Beals at 897-7546. You can also try Niceville Dermatology at 474-8386. If none of these work then you can call my office at 534-4170 and we can find you someone in Fort Walton.

Best wishes.

Dr Bawa
534-4170

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We're very happy to have Dr. Bawa around. I'll be in SoWal this weekend and hope to stop by to get a few business cards to post in our cottages for guests who need a doctor during their stay (and for us should we ever need a doctor during one of our stays!).

hutch

Beach Lover
Great post Doc! I was just telling my Vet how good they exam my dogs, can I get a exam. Her reply, only if you come in on all fours. I can do that. Great to have a doc on this board. If you need my help or advice in getting your bills paid, just let me know.

the hutch