• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I absolutely love modern design. If I thought for a minute I could sell this house I'm in and get a dwell-esque home, I would be all over it.

There's a modern home back here off of Chat Holley somewhere around Virgo St that is rather new. I was tempted to stop and have a peek when it was under construction. I have no idea who designed it though.

sunny456

Beach Lover
Aug 25, 2005
Yeah, that's an interesting house. I have a friend that lives nearby. Are you talking about the one that has the metal siding (not a design prof so excuse if that is not the right material)?
I don't know who designed it.

Keep Anthony in mind if you ever decide to build. He was also featured in Money Magazine for his ability to design affordable homes.

Now that's something we could all use!!

kitemare1

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2008
Panama City Beach - 30A Soon
Sunny 456

Perhaps you would like to start your own thread for Anthony. We were actually trying to do a little marketing here. I understand that he is talented, a "bona fide" long time local, and affordable, but maybe this is not the best place to be trying to drum up business for him.

Ed Rolen

Ed Rolen and Associates, Inc.

sunny456

Beach Lover
Aug 25, 2005
OUCH!

Sorry - didn't mean to hedge in on your advertisement. I chimed in b/c my house was mentioned.

Way to be friendly.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I love the modern stuff...I wish someone would put together a list or tour of the good ones...maybe that would encourage more people to build great stuff...and help develop the Design Coast reputation....

There's a fabulous house on Eastern Lake, the west side of it, looking toward the gulf...it's my absolute favorite...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
OUCH!

Sorry - didn't mean to hedge in on your advertisement. I chimed in b/c my house was mentioned.

Way to be friendly.

Didn't you bring this up orginially?

Not sure who Anthony or Dwell are. I've never heard of both and I married an architect. Don't get too pissy since Mr. Rolen's house featured at the begginning of the thread was featured in Architectural Record. That magazine is generally considered as one of the magazines of record (no pun intended).

Last edited:

sunny456

Beach Lover
Aug 25, 2005
Beachmouse mentioned that a local home was mentioned in Dwell - that would be my home. That's why I brought it up.
Since the economy is so stellar right now I thought I'd post the photos and site, didn't mean to offend or step on anyone's toes - or imply that the photos posted by the other architect weren't awesome.
I was just trying to be chatty and chime in. I'll go back to my lurker status now ...

kitemare1

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2008
Don't sweat it Sunny456. I did not mean to come across in mean way.

I initially kept my mouth shut after your initial post. You put a link to his web site within this thread. I noticed that you were trying to rent a house. It would be like going to that thread and putting a link to another residence for rent. After that you also mentioned that he was affordable and in Money magazine. That's when I felt that I needed to say something.

Your house is amazing and you should have mentioned the Architect. The link may have been over the top.

Lurker status revoked. We want you to play.

e

kitemare1

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2008
Rapunzel,

Yes, there are some nice modern homes over by Eastern Lake. I know two that are on the east side. One is right on the gulf (corten steel clad) and the other is across the street. Wish we could do more. It just seems that those clients are few and far between.

e