• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Mine went up!!! I'm calling tomorrow. I am with citizens. Mine is $3088 this year and I have a 108 year old 2 bedroom, 1 bath house! I'm gettin' robbed!

You might be getting hit harder due to the home being so old. I assume it isn't built with hurricane resistant windows/doors, rebar in the walls tying the roof to the concrete in the ground, etc. The discounts are fairly high for homes built to code over the last 5 years or so.

Magic Hour

Beach Comber
May 11, 2005
Please remind someone to provide Wind Insurance..Mine went up $1000 for owner occupied single family in Seagrove..Through Universal and Ryland Agency..Home built in 1999

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
You might be getting hit harder due to the home being so old. I assume it isn't built with hurricane resistant windows/doors, rebar in the walls tying the roof to the concrete in the ground, etc. The discounts are fairly high for homes built to code over the last 5 years or so.

The "logic" here cracks me up. Her house has survived 108 years of hurricanes! :funn:

But you are correct, age is a factor. I got dumped by my company which left the state, and the only one that would insure me is Citizens, because my house is old too. Never mind that it survived Eloise, Opal, Ivan, etc. :roll:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Mine went up!!! I'm calling tomorrow. I am with citizens. Mine is $3088 this year and I have a 108 year old 2 bedroom, 1 bath house! I'm gettin' robbed!

I called my insurance agent....my house has survived 108 years of hurricanes and my rates are outrageous. He says..." No hurricane clips"....go figure.:bang:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I think we're having a hurricane in NE Georgia today...and we're expecting 40 mph gusts tomorrow...:blink:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
All you guys are so lucky! I can't get ANY insurance on my home. Even Citizens... well, let me clarify that last Citizens remark.

Citizens will insure the "property", however their exclusion paragraph is quite specific. The exclude any structure or object which is currently damaged unless you can produce paperwork guaranteeing the property will be repaired in 90 days.

Well, let's see, that excludes my house and all my interior belongings...... BUT they will take my money!:bang:

You all know the situation with my mold infested house and still no resolution in site. Insurance companies wanting to see how broke they can make you before you except pennies on the dollar.

Jerks! And the insured are jerks as well.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
All you guys are so lucky! I can't get ANY insurance on my home. Even Citizens... well, let me clarify that last Citizens remark.

Citizens will insure the "property", however their exclusion paragraph is quite specific. The exclude any structure or object which is currently damaged unless you can produce paperwork guaranteeing the property will be repaired in 90 days.

Well, let's see, that excludes my house and all my interior belongings...... BUT they will take my money!:bang:

You all know the situation with my mold infested house and still no resolution in site. Insurance companies wanting to see how broke they can make you before you except pennies on the dollar.

Jerks! And the insured are jerks as well.

We are insured by Citizens. Why are we jerks?

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
We are insured by Citizens. Why are we jerks?

Didn't mean that at all. Let me reword what I mean.

Jerks! (meaning the insurance companies who continue to keep me tied up on court over my house) And the insured are jerks as well. (The builders of my house who left off moisture barrier in many places which allowed the water intrusion and ultimate mold problem).

Sorry if I offended you, but I did not mean you. I hope the above statement clears that up.