• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Rita said:
:welcome: I don't even fish but I enjoyed reading your post!

I'm with Rita. Think I may have to go out and buy a fishing pole tomorrow. You are a fabulous writer- very descriptive. I hope this isn't your last post! :welcome:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hey little man...btw, that is a favorite name of mine...you have a real talent for the written word! I have seen that fish massacre, but if I hadn't you nailed it!! It's really okay that you lurked...many of us did before we bit the bait! Don't stay away now!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Little man :welcome:

I know you had fun with the Jack Crevalle. Those boys will bend a rod.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
:welcome: Little Man. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. You, like SJ have a way with words! Post often!

Thanks for the compliments ... I'll try to post more often.

Fishing was good again today, but the obvious feeding frenzy wasn't as pronounced near our beach. About 11 a.m., however, Seaside's beach was downright Hitchockian, as gulls from all over buzzed the shallows in search of whatever the ladyfish and pals were leaving behind. While I'm prone to sprint (well, maybe these days it's more like jogging while moving my arms really fast) to take advantage of this type of incredible fishing opportunity ... it was just a little too far away for me to get there in time. Hey, I'm on vacation.

My wife and I rented a kayak and spent some of the morning/afternoon paddling the lazy green waters just offshore. We fished a little (I have trouble concentrating on just one relaxing activity at a time) and caught a few very big ladyfish and a couple of bluefish. The rest of the day was spent with my nose in a book with the occasional pause to reapply sunscreen. Man, 85 degrees in November ain't bad.

Tomorrow, we're heading offshore with Gordie. Hopefully, we'll have a few fish tales to share.

On an unrelated note, my wife and I finally made it to Cafe 331 tonight. Awesome. Thanks for all of the recommendations. It was worth the wait.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
little man...I know of a certain redfisher that could really benefit from a day with you! I can tell you love and are awed by SoWal!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kathydwells said:
:welcome: Little Man. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. You, like SJ have a way with words! Post often!

Oh, I think littleman is in the big leagues. Suddenly, I feel very small. The words just roll off his tongue, like a French guy seducing a beautiful woman.:clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
When will little man come back to us?