• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I recently met with Doug and Kathy of D & K?s to discuss selling. They were ready to move on and still recovering from the renovations and Doug?s medical problems. I was honored to be asked to list this property. Anytime you get a listing that a seller has put so much pride in it is an honor. Looking back on my visit I noticed some spark in Doug?s eyes. The more he showed me around the more I realized he was not ready to sell his baby. He was excited about the light switches! The views! The location! I was wondering the whole time if he had lost his mind. I think to relight his fire he had to go through the process in his mind of selling his dream. He actually started bouncing around the place. When I got there his limp was painfully obvious. Kat was busy gathering all the Data for Garner on the sale. We noticed separately her heart was broken as well. They both came to the same conclusion. We don?t want to sell! Moving forward, Kat called to tell me they could not move forward on the sale. Doug was feeling better and had a new vision on D & K?s. I am thrilled for them. I have known Doug since I was a teenage punk working at Paradise Caf? and I feel he is one of the most gifted chefs in the area. I also feel he needed to feel like he was letting something go to realize what a gift it is to have. Keep an eye on this place folks because Doug has a fire burning and I expect to see some big things this summer. Thank you Kat and Doug for the chance and I know it will be very successful. I post this on SoWal so the word will get around that D & K?s is not for sale. :clap:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It can be hard to part with something in which you invested blood, sweat, and tears. I've had the opportunity to list a home which the owner built with his own two hands. The house was so much more than walls, floor and roof. It was filled with stories of joy and sorrow, and much thought and labor. I'm not sure how you properly list those details to convey the meaning of the house to the buyer.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
:love: I love Doug and Kathy :love: I remember trying to set them up. Glad to see my match making has worked for soooo looooong. Guys, thanks for keeping your dream alive. :clap::clap:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:love: I love Doug and Kathy :love: I remember trying to set them up. Glad to see my match making has worked for soooo looooong. Guys, thanks for keeping your dream alive. :clap::clap:

I'm running out the door.......:love:Beverly, I thank you for that sweet post. It's been a long time hasn't it!!!!

:clap: Thanks to Bobby for putting his post in such heartfelt words. What would we do without our friends.....:dunno:

Thank you all! Doug and I are so excited about some upcoming ideas....we'll let you in on it all as it happens!

Thanks to my "Sign" friend too! ;-)

Love you all...Kat & Doug :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The shrimp Po-boy was good, too. Cheri is always saying that D&K's has the best shrimp in town.