• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

marynorth

Beach Comber
Apr 18, 2005
We have rented a house at Grove by the Sea for the first time after staying at Seaside for 3 years. I discovered this community after surfing the web, and it looks like it will suit our needs - we are traveling with extended family and have small children. We love the space at Seaside with the community pools/tennis/room to walk, but it has just gotten soooo expensive. Grove by the Sea is close enough to bike down to Modica's - hope we have made the right choice. Feedback please!!! (I found this place and the rest of the family has trusted me on it.)

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
marynorth said:
We have rented a house at Grove by the Sea for the first time after staying at Seaside for 3 years. I discovered this community after surfing the web, and it looks like it will suit our needs - we are traveling with extended family and have small children. We love the space at Seaside with the community pools/tennis/room to walk, but it has just gotten soooo expensive. Grove by the Sea is close enough to bike down to Modica's - hope we have made the right choice. Feedback please!!! (I found this place and the rest of the family has trusted me on it.)

:welcome:

Grove By The Sea is very nice, is convenient to everything, and has 2 pools. It is a hike to the beach access though, which has no parking to speak of. If you have any type of load at all you may have to load up a car to shuttle your gear, or park at one of the bigger beach accesses nearby.

marynorth

Beach Comber
Apr 18, 2005
So, if we are used to staying in the back of Seaside (which is quite a trek to the beach, but we use a wagon to tote kids), is this much different? I was told by the house owner that the beach access is "right across the street" from the community. Thanks!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I guess you could load up the car and drive to the Beach at Seaside and park on the front row, if you are lucky -- only a short walk then.

Magic Hour

Beach Comber
May 11, 2005
marynorth said:

My family has found the Grove to be an excellent location. You can bike to Seaside, the Village Market, etc. Depending on your location in the Grove the walk to the beach is not substantial. No more so than being located in the second block of Seaside. There is very little through traffic, the pools are clean and convenient and the neighborhood quiet. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
I just purchased a home there a few months ago. We also stayed at Seaside for many trips---but, love the neighborhood feel of the Grove and you can get to Seaside by bike in 6-7 minutes. It is a special place and I truly believe you made a great choice!

Janiso

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Atlanta GA
Hi there,
You're going to love the Grove. We have owned a house there for 4 years and are happy, happy, happy with the Grove. No damage by the way after Dennis. Lovely Pools, Uncluttered streets for bike riding, quiet and private and by my calculation .9 mile to the light in Seaside. Our kids run and ride up and down to there- no problem. I've never thought of the walk to the beach as any problem. It is definitely no farther than you are used to in Seaside. We provide a wagon to our renters so if you have one that is helpful. Don't know how people are getting down to the beach since the storm and loss of the walkovers but I'll check with other family at our house and see what they're using. Have a great week!