• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Is that the same King Peter who played in the BBC production? If not, they must be brothers. I have the books. Think I'll go take a look and review.
Isn't the BBC production pretty old? Is it the one that was out 15 or more years ago? William Moseley is the brand-spanking new Peter.

Kase, if it helps, I think they have kept Lucy exactly the way she was in the books. They did a beautiful job with her. (Here's where I show my geekiness: the original illustrations of Lucy, by Pauline Baynes, show her as having dark hair. This always confused me, since the cartoon I saw as a child pictured her as a blonde. But I only realized recently that in The Last Battle she is described as "fair-haired." But if this Lucy lines up with the original illustrations, I can live with that. :D)

I also love Aslan, and I was afraid that I wouldn't. For that matter, Edmund and Susan are well done. They gave Edmund extra lines in Caspian, but I thought they were true to his character as well.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
It is about that old. What is William Moseley's age? He may be one of those people that age more slowly than others. They might just have cast someone that looked very much like the earlier Peter.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
What about little IBD seeing it? She saw LW&W and loved it. She was not scared at all.

Thanks!!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Not sure - I thought this one was a little more violent than the first w/ more sword fights and battle scenes.

Caspian is a hottie ................. until his character gets so douchey you lose interest and just want to tell him to wash his greasy hair/get a haircut!

Kase626

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2007
Seacrest Beach
As for Ben Barnes, he looks just like a young Keanu Reeves (which is not a bad thing in my book!)
ben-barnes-headshot_1170624081.jpg

He stole my heart in Stardust. When I found out it was the same guy, I knew we were destined to be together. He just needs to meet me. :love:

NoHall

May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
What about little IBD seeing it? She saw LW&W and loved it. She was not scared at all.

Thanks!!

It's pretty intense, but I went with my brother and his family. We left the 4-yr-old with Grammy, but my 10-yo niece, 9-yo nephew and 7-yo nephew all went. None of them had a problem with it. It's darker than LW&W and has more fighting, but is not as rough as Lord of the Rings.

NoHall

May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
It is about that old. What is William Moseley's age? He may be one of those people that age more slowly than others. They might just have cast someone that looked very much like the earlier Peter.

Moseley is 21, according to imdb.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
It's pretty intense, but I went with my brother and his family. We left the 4-yr-old with Grammy, but my 10-yo niece, 9-yo nephew and 7-yo nephew all went. None of them had a problem with it. It's darker than LW&W and has more fighting, but is not as rough as Lord of the Rings.

thanks, we will have to go and check it out...:wave:

NoHall

May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
thanks, we will have to go and check it out...:wave:
How old is she? (I can't remember! I see her sweet self in my head, but can't put an age on her.) My 10 yo niece sat next to me and didn't even flinch, and she's a tenderhearted girly-girl. 7 yo nephew was on the other side and didn't flinch, either, but he has watched the Lord of the Rings stuff (he's a boy, in other words!)