• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Hwy 98 is only designated as a scenic corridor to help prevent it being plastered with tall, junky signs, billboards, used car lots, etc. At least that is the reason I understand it for being designated as such.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
I have a question that when I think it over has me reaching for the duct tape to wrap around my head so it doesnt explode

If by nature a place is deemed Scenic, why does it need to be "beautified"

http://www.sceniccorridorassociation.com/pressreleases.htm

Something can be "scenic" or "beautiful" one day and unless efforts are taken to keep it this way, it will NOT remain that in the future.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure .. being proactive will help ensure our roads are scenic in years to come.

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
The Scenic Corridor Association Board meets once a month at the Walton Chamber of Commerce.

Quote; "Meetings are not usually open to the public, but if you would like to attend please contact us and we will try to accommodate you as best as possible"

Hmm:

Members of the board include the following:

Merlin Allan, Mike Chouri, Jeanne Daily, John Forrester, Maurice Gilbert,Greg Griffith,Sue Grill, Roger Hall, Keith Howard, Bob Johnson, Matt Lindley, Ken Lloyd ,Jack McGill, Cindy Meadows, Dawn Moliterno, Anita Page, Lisa Purul, Lane Rees, Jim Ross, Judith Williams.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I thought the scenic corridor association has the job of approving something to do with signs or building within the scenic corridor.

Maybe they can standardize the "For Sale/Rent/Lease" signs. Had an out-of-town friend actually comment how crappy they all looked on the "scenic" drive down 30A..."like witch's teeth" was the comment used. I guess I've just gotten used to 'not' seeing them :dunno:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Maybe they can standardize the "For Sale/Rent/Lease" signs. Had an out-of-town friend actually comment how crappy they all looked on the "scenic" drive down 30A..."like witch's teeth" was the comment used. I guess I've just gotten used to 'not' seeing them :dunno:

Can we also ban balloons? :lol: