• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bernster

Beach Comber
Jul 18, 2006
I have been using VRBO for a few years and have been happy with the results. I understand that they are now owned by Homeaway who keeps sending me offers to add four other sites listings beyond vrbo for $299 a year. Has anyone tried these other Homeaway sites and is it worth it, i.e., do you note a clear increase in bookings/inquiries?

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
I don't think overall it has really caught on like VRBO...which has been around for some time.....as to your question, i believe it has increased some rental bookings and drawn a bit of traffic! I think in the long run HA will phase out VRBO or make them all one. the website for HA is more user friendly and the search feature is much better. if they keep raising the price on VRBO pushing people to HA, i bet people will jump. also, i think it's regional...people here use VRBO vs....say Texas where HA is located or NY. I push VRBO but add that HA will increase your chances. it's all better than putting 25% into someone elses coffer! at least your working on a forum that gains momentum everyday it would seem!

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
bump! you should see the stats on VRBO...I compared these with some local rental companies and some regional ones as well, VRBO just dominates/click...I think that VRBO is now the way to go about renting without a doubt!

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I tried homeaway around January for a ski property in Utah. My property was pretty well booked already for last season but I wanted to get some more exposure beyond vrbo for the remainder of the season plus the ramping up of the 2008/2009 season that will begin soon.

However, my inquiries have been very limited from homeaway. I will see how it goes for the remainder of my year's ad but will not be renewing if it doesn't pick up. VRBO is the premier site at this point, IMO.