• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
The Old Saltworks looked pretty rustic to me, but I guess that works for pre-adolescent boys. Pristine Realty might have a nice rental, as well.
I am sure the state park cabins are rented, but I guess it doesn't hurt to at least ask.
People would always tell me that the flies or skeeters bothered them on the Cape, but we never noticed them.
Loggerhead Grill (on the Cape) is nicer dining, the Dockside in town (PSJ) is more traditional fried stuff, Provisions (in PSJ) is excellent fare, and of course, Indian Pass Raw Bar is not to be missed.
In terms of groceries, the PigglyWiggly in Apalach is better than the one in PSJ, but probably the boys are not too picky.

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
Wherever you stay, take the time to visit the state park. My grandfather lives in St. Joe Beach, and I drive out to the Cape eveytime I visit him. I think it is $4 per car. The dunes are gorgeous, and I've never seen the beaches very crowded. Many, many shells. Seems like there were a lot more horseshoe crab around when I was a kid than there are today. Maybe that's just my recollection.

Bluewater Outriggers is an interesting store - near the Marina and the Piggly Wiggly in St. Joe. Also, I think I saw an ad somewhere for horseback riding out on the Cape. That would be fun.