• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sewo97

Beach Crab
Nov 11, 2005
Is it foolish to think that I can find a reasonable (less than about $900 a month) 1 bedroom rental in SoWal for the months of June and July? I am a graduate student who needs a quiet place to study for a big comps exams at the end of July. Want to be close-ish to the beach for the odd moment when I'm not glued to a book.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
sewo97 said:
Is it foolish to think that I can find a reasonable (less than about $900 a month) 1 bedroom rental in SoWal for the months of June and July? I am a graduate student who needs a quiet place to study for a big comps exams at the end of July. Want to be close-ish to the beach for the odd moment when I'm not glued to a book.

You could find that price north of 98, 5-10 minute drive to the beach but it would be a long-term rental with a lease. You might get lucky with something though. Or maybe a room in someone's house.

sewo97 said:
Would you want to be a nanny for two boys (aged 11 and 12)? They should be there most of the summer, and when they're not there (and back home in Dallas), they don't rent, so you'd have the place to yourself. Their mom (my sister) just likes to sun, run, and fun without having to entertain two boys. She had a nanny last summer. If you're interested, I'll email my sis and see if it's okay to send you her email address.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Beach Runner said:
Would you want to be a nanny for two boys (aged 11 and 12)? They should be there most of the summer, and when they're not there (and back home in Dallas), they don't rent, so you'd have the place to yourself. Their mom (my sister) just likes to sun, run, and fun without having to entertain two boys. She had a nanny last summer. If you're interested, I'll email my sis and see if it's okay to send you her email address.
With those conditions, I'd be willing to leave my 4 kids at home to fend for themselves while I nanny in SoWal...! :D

sewo97

Beach Crab
Nov 11, 2005
Normally that sounds like it would be a dream position, but I'll be studying for the Florida Bar exam at the end of July, so I don't think I'll have any extra time. It's about 6-8 hours of class/videotapes a day, and then several hours per day of extra studying :sosad:

Thank you so much for the suggestion though.

sewo97 said:
Normally that sounds like it would be a dream position, but I'll be studying for the Florida Bar exam at the end of July, so I don't think I'll have any extra time. It's about 6-8 hours of class/videotapes a day, and then several hours per day of extra studying :sosad:

Thank you so much for the suggestion though.
I see. I thought you were studying for comps for a Ph.D. I could only manage a couple of hours a day of studying for those exams without :puke:. My guess is that a bar exam is a totally different level of studying.