• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pepper

Beach Comber
Dec 9, 2007
i thought the place was great, i was shocked at how nice the place was given its name and location.
i sat out at the tiki bar and had dinner with a friend, we had a great time, met a couple of people around the bar, very social. the 2 bartenders were not very social, and it was hard to get beers even though the bar was not even half full. half hearted checking back on how our dinners were. a really nice girl up front when we were leaving did a better job of genuinely wanting feedback, i told her that the catfish was great but the crab stuffed flounder was terrible, i ate it anyways because i hadn't eaten all day, but the crab stuffing was so unpleasant smelling i actually wondered if i might get sick later. i was told by one of the staff members who was listening say that another lady had the same dish earlier that night and took one bite and spit it out. i appreciated the honesty, and it didn't leave a bad impression telling me that, as i already knew. but i wondered why they wouldn't take a look into it before serving it again.
so, will i be back? yes, i will. but i will be leery of what i order, and i hope that management can maybe step it up, they need to be out talking to the guests and finding these things out first hand, not second.
i definitely hope this will be the place to be this summer, everyone should check it out.

lindsayshropshi

Beach Comber
Mar 16, 2008
santa rosa beach
we are still excited about the opening of the LOVE SHACK. we have had a blast meeting all of our neighbors from SRB. the bar has a great atmosphere, and amstel light was just added to the menu. the staff is so cool about everyones opinions, and suggestions, it just keeps getting better.

they are having another grand opening night thing, with a band and everything in a few weeks. im not sure the date, ill find out and re-post.

im excited to have a place i can take my family to eat, without the beeper thingy, in the summer. i look forward to seeing all the locals there.

i added a picture of the bar on my profile.

Last edited:

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
The owner of the love shack is not the true owner of the crab trap in destin. In fort walton yes......I think he is a managing "partner" of the one in destin.

I work at the Crab Trap in Destin. I have worked with the GM at the Love Shack and he is a great guy. They will make this place work but gang, it has only been open for maybe 3 weeks. Give them a chance and I think all locals will learn to love this place. the food prices alone will have me eating there very often.

I am sure Frank (the GM) isn't reading the forum but I might point him this way.

oh yeah, if you come into the crab trap, ask for Nathan......sowal'ers got to stick together......locals get 15% off at "the trap"

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you want to buy a home or townhome in that development with the Love Shack, let me know, they start at around $200,000 and include Shelly's favorite, granite counter-tops. I just hope they get enough positive word of mouth to survive, being in an off-the-beaten-path location.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
They're in a great location - less than 15 minutes from most of 30-A and SanDestin and kid friendly. If they can just start serving some decent food, they are golden!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I hear you, but you know what they say about restaurants -- Out of sight, out of mind.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That's good, because that will be the saving grace for out of the way places. So far, I've heard nothing but good things, mostly from locals. Take care of the locals and they will send you customers. It has a chance, and I hope it does stay around for a while.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I did find out the owner is the same person/group as the Crab Trap. I asked a waiter when I was in there.

I was so hoping that this was going to be a real true seafood joint. then someone mentioned the association with crab trap. which is liked by many, mostly tourists, if you get my meaning (tourist trap).

I do want to visit and check it out for myself and I shall!