• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
I am wondering if anyone can tell me a good place to fish from land for speckled trout or redfish? I am looking for some specific public spots. It seems like every time I fish from under the 331 bridge the catfish line up to get on my hook. While I appreciate the abundance, I'd really like to eat something different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
And I can say that all the speckled trout I have ever caught have been from the 331 bridge. LOL!
I also caught my largest Red (27") at the 331 as well as a bunch of Sheephead and Mangrove Snapper. I usually fish the bridge furthest North. Perhaps it is your location along 331.
I wouldn't mind catching a few cats, where you been catchin'em?

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
Thanks! I have fallen in love with fishing! What time of day do you go? I've been catching catfish under the 331 bridge (southern end). Once under the bridge I fish on the east side. Today I caught 7 catfish in about two hours. One of them was 24" long. I think they're spawning because every single one was female and full of eggs.

barefootguy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Speaking of fishing at the 331 bridge ...
We saw a guy in a cowboy hat and a bright blue speedo throwing out a net while we drove over the bridge today.

It was quite the sight!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Speaking of fishing at the 331 bridge ...
We saw a guy in a cowboy hat and a bright blue speedo throwing out a net while we drove over the bridge today.

It was quite the sight!!

Hop! Man, he sure gets around!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
We usually have our best luck in the evening. Last couple hours of daylight is about all we need to fish to catch a meal.

We've fished the South end, but at the North end of the opening and then on the East side. Casting to the South, if you don't get into the piles of rocks, will sometimes get you a Speck or a Mangrove. Sheephead stick closer to the rocks at shore IMO.