• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lindsayshropshi

Beach Comber
Mar 16, 2008
santa rosa beach
I was so hoping that this was going to be a real true seafood joint. then someone mentioned the association with crab trap. which is liked by many, mostly tourists, if you get my meaning (tourist trap).

I do want to visit and check it out for myself and I shall!

i think the whole idea of being "off the beaten path" is to encourage people like myself that likes to go out to eat, to actually attempt going out to eat in the summer. like i said before, i dont like those beeper things...or the tourists, and their table of 20.

i am a homeowner in the neighborhood. i love it. i have the best neighbors. if anyone has any questions, contact me. the model homes are open daily, with an agent (jerry) who can walk you around. my husband and i looked at houses for months, we accidently stumbled upon eagle bay, and we could not have made a better choice and investment. these homes are brand new, and very well priced with a fab-u-lous location. they are not ugly either, like most stucco/brick adam's homes. worth checking out before happy hour at 4.

c-ya there. :welcome:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Well we finally made it to the Love Shack (love the name) last night and it was great!!:clap: The food was great, all you can eat fried flounder and clam strips every Friday night for...drum roll.... $10!! And let me tell you, the place has been found by tourist and locals, it was crowded inside the restaurant, outside seating, the tiki bar and the pool. Service for outside seating was good, especially for the number of people they had to serve. As we were leaving a gentleman asked if we enjoyed our dinner and he had a 'Calypso' embroider on his shirt, just like the Calypso Restaurant in PCB...:dunno: Anyhoo well worth checking out and the prices are very fair.

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
Thanks for the report Franny.

I haven't made it in yet, but it is within bicycle riding distance for me so I definitely plan to. It sounds like they are getting all the opening kinks worked out!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Thanks for the report Franny.

I haven't made it in yet, but it is within bicycle riding distance for me so I definitely plan to. It sounds like they are getting all the opening kinks worked out!

Worth the bike ride.;-) Someone at dinner last night said they were open for lunch, but that isn't what I have read on here and I forgot to ask...

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Yes, I was pleasantly :yikes: surprised that these were Adam Homes, very nice houses and a major improvement over the brick/stucco Adam Homes to say the least. And I really like the surrounding neighborhood, very close to the bay.

i think the whole idea of being "off the beaten path" is to encourage people like myself that likes to go out to eat, to actually attempt going out to eat in the summer. like i said before, i dont like those beeper things...or the tourists, and their table of 20.

i am a homeowner in the neighborhood. i love it. i have the best neighbors. if anyone has any questions, contact me. the model homes are open daily, with an agent (jerry) who can walk you around. my husband and i looked at houses for months, we accidently stumbled upon eagle bay, and we could not have made a better choice and investment. these homes are brand new, and very well priced with a fab-u-lous location. they are not ugly either, like most stucco/brick adam's homes. worth checking out before happy hour at 4.

c-ya there. :welcome:

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
Worth the bike ride.;-) Someone at dinner last night said they were open for lunch, but that isn't what I have read on here and I forgot to ask...

I heard they open at 4 pm. Maybe the deck/bar opens at 3 and dining at 4. Something like that. Luckily it is still somewhat light until about 8pm. I'd have to ride Hwy 98 about 2 miles.

Oceanchef

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2007
FL
Love Shack...more like hate shack

So I love in SRB and was thrilled that we had another place opening up close that we could dine. We frequent Jambone ( hooray! Great place) and the donut hole for breakfast. It's nice to have a local hang out to meet with friends and eat and drink.
My husband and I both went on a Fri night to check out the Love Shack. Had heard it was a little surprise hidden down E. Hewitt and was excited to try it out. When we found it...I was surprised...in a good way. It was much nicer looking than I had expected. We walked in and a young lady was at the door greeting us quickly. We decided to dine outside. We were sat at a table that the sun was beating down on and the hostess ran away so quickly that I didn't have a chance to ask her if we could move. SO, we took it upon ourselves to do so. The server came to our table after a few minutes and asked what we wanted to drink. My husband ordered a corona ($3.50/can....a can...that's not cheap) and I had to ask if they served mixed drinks...I saw no bottles at the bar. I ordered a vodka drink ( that was only $5.50...that price made up for the can of beer) She took awhile for the drinks and then asked what we wanted to eat. We started out with the smoked tuna dip. Not bad....a bit on the mayo side but overall...tasty. It arrived pretty fast, but it doesn't take long to scoop it on a plate. No worries. We decided on the fish tacos and the grilled mahi with mash potatoes and roasted veggies. After we ordered I think it was no more that 5 minutes before our food arrived. How can you grill a piece of Mahi in 5 min? No pun intended...but it was fishy.
Well, I took one bite of my tacos and had to open them up to see what was inside. It resembled canned cat food. The fish was so mashed up that you could hardly tell what it was. And the taste...it was lucky it didn't get spit back out. The black beans and rice on the plate wasn't too bad but the salsa and guac that came with it we obvious out of a jar. My husband's Mahi tasted like it had been frozen, cooked and held in a steamtable for several hours. The mash tasted o.k....they looked homemade. The lemon sauce on it also tasted pre-made. I would have probably sent it back if I had ordered it. OUr bill was adjusted for the tacos and I spoke to the server about them. She said that she had not tried them. No manager ever came over to acknowledge the situation.
Our dining experience outside was on the stinky side. It was really out of the control of the restaurant but I bet there were 3 cigars being smoked around us. I chose not to move because I like the outdoors so much. I can handle cigarette smoke but cigar smoke it sooo overwhelming.
I am a local as I mentioned. This place is supposed to be for the locals. Many of the locals here are in the hospitality industry whether it be a restaurant or a hotel. Last time I checked the locals are not intrested in the same fried food menu that you can get...oh let's say at the crab trap. We want something fresh and different. Cheap....yes, but quality can not be compromised. If they want to attract and keep the locals year round, I think they need to step it up.