• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Nice. [ edit....forgot my :D to balance out your :wave:; forgot my SoWal etiquette AND one more thing: I sincerely asked you 3 questions and this is all I get? :cry: ]
Some remedial education is required in the appropriate use of smileys for you, example to follow....

"BMBW, that is hogwash."

Uhhhh...that's BMBV not BMBW by the way.

I agree. The County's attempt to trivialize private property rights in the name of "clean beaches" IS hogwash. :cool: Most private property owners are quite capable of taking care of their own private property.

"An officer cannot use deadly force unless he or she fears their life is threatened."

No argument.

BUT who knows what could happen when an armed agent of the government comes to your home to arrest you for simply having your own umbrella on your own property for 3 nights.

"Now let's say that someone sets up their umbrella and chairs on the beach in front of your house. They leave their beach crap on the beach overnight. You are okay with that? You don't want the TDC to police that?"

They can't and they shouldn't.
Using the blue face with sunglasses smiley should be done when something funny or "cool" has been posted. Like successfully turning the tables on a previous poster. Maybe do some test posting and make some polls, find out truly if you are reaching your audience, then, after sharpening your skillz, return and post topical smileys and be laughed with, not laughed at....:cool: (Am I using that right?). :wave: Feel free to ask for assistance anytime.

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
That could get stinky! :D

I'm aware of this permit stuff but it currently isn't required for private property owners or did I miss something?

Regarding the current authority that the county does have over public beach, do you think the county has same authority over privately owned beach that has a public easement recorded with it (such as Redfish Village)?

SJ, I don't why you're dodging the question. I don't have a clue or an opinion (imagine that).

Isn't this a moot point right now? I was under the impression that until they pass the re-worded ordinance, they were only removing items from public beach accesses. Are they removing items left overnight at Redfish currently?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Quit being a douchebag, pick up your crap instead of whining about property rights, and start being a contributing member of the community.

That is all!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Maybe I missed something here... :scratch:

"Remove it or lose it" is the law, isn't it?

Private property rights encompass a lot of things, but I don't think they allow you to do something illegal on your property, do they? :dunno:

Current presidency excepted, we Americans tend to believe in the rule of law, which (in theory) includes abiding by laws we find distasteful until we are able to get them changed. Or otherwise deciding to breaking them, then accepting the potential consequences. In this case, that would be losing our beach umbrella.

Last edited:

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen

Private property rights encompass a lot of things, but I don't think they allow you to do something illegal on your property, do they? :dunno:

Current presidency excepted, we Americans tend to believe in the rule of law, which (in theory) includes abiding by laws we find distasteful until we are able to get them changed. Or otherwise deciding to breaking them, then accepting the potential consequences. In this case, that would be losing our beach umbrella.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Disobedience_(Thoreau)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That could get stinky! :D

I'm aware of this permit stuff but it currently isn't required for private property owners or did I miss something?

Regarding the current authority that the county does have over public beach, do you think the county has same authority over privately owned beach that has a public easement recorded with it (such as Redfish Village)?

SJ, I don't why you're dodging the question. I don't have a clue or an opinion (imagine that).

I haven't dodged anything. Maybe I didn't see your question.

Whether or not the County chooses to enforce it, the current rule, which also applies to privately deeded beach, does not allow for any objects which may obstruct Sea Turtles or County Vehicles on the beach. The Sea Turtle part is only seasonal, but the County vehicle part applies year round. Leave your crap out and let it be shown that your crap becomes an obstacle for an endangered animal, like the Leatherback Turtle, and you will quickly find out what a felony is all about.

Yes, current authority applies to all beaches, whether privately deeded, public, or privately deeded with recorded easements.

Treefrog had a more lengthy reply for you, with which I fully agree.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Anybody that feels a need to justify what they do by making comments such as "we are beach property owners" or "we're exempt" in any form is in my opinion and I believe a big pile of others on this forum, just being pure lazy and thoughtless when it comes to others.
Others being emergency vehicles trying to do a public service. Try once being on the other end of that emergency and see if it doesn't change your attitude as to why it took so long for an emergency vehicle to get to you when you needed them.
Others being creatures that were here long before we even knew what a beach was.
Others being tourists (love em or not) that pump much of the life-blood into why these small communities are what they are.
Yep, there are a bunch of you out there that wish it stayed the way it was 20 years ago. There are some of you out there that have already forgotten that the reason you live as well as you now do is precisely because it didn't stay that way.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Guys, don't you realize that private beach owners are above all laws, and that they have elected BMBV to be their mouthpiece? He's making friends:wave: and influencing people on this thread as well as he's done on others.

Get it straight: private beach owners can erect a wall wherever they want, out of any material they want, put put signs with whatever editorial they choose, and will leave their stuff wherever they want, because they can. They're entitled. Hazards to animals or humans, unsightly messes, etc. just don't apply to them. Get off their backs and their beaches.