• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
Has this been decided on or is it just an idea? Why use an existing business/commercial logo? If we're going to use a private business logo, why not put it out for bid? You know, like other quasi-government projects, such as sports arenas like Qualcom Park or the FedEx Forum. It might help pay for the signs.

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
c'mon B...ya know the beach right?

Never mind. I just had a little help. Wow! I wish I would have thought of that.:bang:
That ball is big & plastic & sits in pier park....I often sit out there & openly weep. You know as well as I that Bad taste is timeless....so let's rock.
MORE KAHKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The whole joint is gonna look like the DMV.
My suggestion is that with that we tag surfbords.
Get the Mickey hat back out dude.....this is anarchy.
Letterheadfonts.com has some of the old skool sign writers & is jfun to gawk at when your not at the girls of Maxim homepage.....yea;dont ask a crayola queer though...We'd give the beach back to those nasty, filthy birds & such.:D

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
That statute lies under a 300' footer

Yes, there will be too many signs, and this is only phase I. I suggested to paint most of the "safety" signs on the actual bike path, which reduces costs, clears the scenery of more than 100 signs and posts, and eliminates the possibility of any collision with those particular signs and posts which would now simply be paint on the pavement.

What about those phonebooks......I mean I found a way to make sona-tube waterproof & harder than concrete itself.
Colorful phonebook poles........:blink:

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
http://www.waltonsun.com/news/30a_1546___article.html/signs_hitting.html

Signs will more than likely be going up on County Road 30A next month – but not the kind you might think.
Walton County in correlation with the Friends of 30A group has contracted Signtek Llc. to create fabricated wayfinding, safety and mile marker signs for the Timpoochee bike trail.
The Glatting Jackson group was hired for community planning and design.
Phase one of a two part sign project is estimated to cost $160,000 and be completed in July, although no date has been tentatively set for completion. Phase two is still being discussed as to what will be included and what the approximate cost would be.
“We anticipate getting them to the county in mid-July,” said Signtek head Kim Sutton. “Unfortunately we can’t give an exact date. We stopped the project for a short time for the community to respond and look at the drawings.”
Sutton said many have had concerns that there will be too many signs along the road, but noted many will be removed when the new ones go up.
“Certainly as many, if not more signs, will be removed as put up,” he said. “It’s going to create a really cohesive environment.”
Commissioner Cindy Meadows, who has worked on the project from the start, said some of the new Timpoochee signs will feature historical and educational facts and some will list trail etiquette.
Last year, the South Walton Tourist Development Council spent $260,000 on wayfinding and community signs. The community signs were removed last month after controversy arose over their design.
The current blue wayfinding signs that are in place on 30A are scheduled to be removed when a new design is created, but according to Sutton, the new signs are still in the design stage.
“Right now we’re trying to assist the county in making use of the old signs,” he said.
“We’re either trying to sell them or repaint and reface them for some other use.”

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Yes, there will be too many signs, and this is only phase I. I suggested to paint most of the "safety" signs on the actual bike path, which reduces costs, clears the scenery of more than 100 signs and posts, and eliminates the possibility of any collision with those particular signs and posts which would now simply be paint on the pavement.
This is the first chance I've had to read this thread since returning from M.D. Anderson so I am late in seconding this suggestion for the bike trail. I cross the Timpoochee Trail every time I leave and return to my residence. It is already difficult to see all the vehicle and bike trail traffic. I can only imagine what all the posts and signs will do to already limited visability. Once again, a really good suggestion, SJ. I only can hope some will listen and take note.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Sorry all. I guess I'm getting senile or something. I said basically the same thing on 6/15/08 BEFORE we went to Houston. It still holds true, however.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
All I have to add is, as a new resident, I think the blue signs degrade the integrity of the area, thus the integrity of the locals! I think it makes our area look like a laughing stock. Looking at the signs from behind is a nightmare! The new proposal is not much better and the number of signs will make 30-A look like a trailor park!

The other day my daughter was going to Watercolor Publix, I asked her if she knew how to get there and she laughed at me and said "Mom, how can anyone get lost in this area?" I agree....do we think tourists are stupid?? A few simple signs giving the name of the beach you are in is all that is needed. :dunno:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Has this been decided on or is it just an idea? Why use an existing business/commercial logo? If we're going to use a private business logo, why not put it out for bid? You know, like other quasi-government projects, such as sports arenas like Qualcom Park or the FedEx Forum. It might help pay for the signs.

Surely the Realtor's logo has been tossed out? Can we get anyone official to tell us what's up?