• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

teabag

Beach Crab
Jun 22, 2008
We are coming to the area and would like info on things to do with a 10yr old and 8 yr old.
teabag:wave:

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
We are coming to the area and would like info on things to do with a 10yr old and 8 yr old.
teabag:wave:

Take them to the beach.
:D

Besides that-
  • Big Kahnua Water Park in Destin
  • Destin Commons (play in the spriklers, Bass Pro, Johnny Rockets, Build a Bear, movie theatre, etc.)
  • Rent a four person bike in Seaside
  • Red Bar, Elmos, Pompano Joe's, Dewey Destin's, Pizza by the Sea, Love Shack for dinner
  • Get a sitter for the night so you can have a nice night out sans kids

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Don't forget to bring a few powerful flashlights for walks on the beach at night. It's fun seeing what sealife has washed on shore after dusk. Just be aware of large holes that have been dug during the day and weren't re-filled.

You might even consider buying a cheap net at the tourist gift shops for scooping things up for closer inspection before releasing back to the water, of course.

trikkster101

Beach Lover
Nov 29, 2007
Vacation Bible School is going on right now in various locations and you can always take them to Gold's Gym which is a fun place for the kids to jump and do gymnastics. If you ever do need a babysitter let me know. Just message me and I will give you my number.

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
Don't forget to bring a few powerful flashlights for walks on the beach at night. It's fun seeing what sealife has washed on shore after dusk. Just be aware of large holes that have been dug during the day and weren't re-filled.

You might even consider buying a cheap net at the tourist gift shops for scooping things up for closer inspection before releasing back to the water, of course..

No, PLEASE do not do this! :eek:

It is sea turtle nesting season right now, use only flashlights with red film over them that are turtle friendly.

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
Bring them over to FIRED UP PAINT-YOUR-OWN POTTERY in Seaside for some family funn! :wave:

Pottery makes a good 'remembrance' of your visit as well.

Bring them to Perpetual Imagination! The store is fun to visit, and we have science and art workshops going on every day. See our website at www.perpetualimagination.net for a calendar and more information.:D

I'm over 40 and Perpetual Imagination kept me entertained until my friends dragged me out!

These are both GREAT ideas!