• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
It was dark and a brief siting, but no, they were not the domesticated variety. I've seen hogs in forests before, and that's what these were. I am constantly in the woods and while I've seen probably over 100 snakes of which, I've pictured a few on this site, but I've only seen a couple deer in the woods. I see tons of tracks in the woods and have seen plenty, plenty deer on the side of 98 and the connecting roads at night along with a coyote, this was my first hog seen here.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'd rather have hogs than bears -- just this week a bear was spotted in the neighborhood next door. :yikes:

(Although as I type this I realize that I have no idea if wild hogs are dangerous or not!)

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I'd rather have hogs than bears -- just this week a bear was spotted in the neighborhood next door. :yikes:

(Although as I type this I realize that I have no idea if wild hogs are dangerous or not!)
OH yea....they can get very mean ....particularly the moms if they have little ones around. I know a guy that had a flat tire years ago near where Watersound North is now and one kept him in his truck for hours. Everytime he would get out to change the tire she would come charging out of the woods and he would have to get back in his truck. I would imagine it was pretty scary at the time but we all just laughed our :moon: off.

Last edited:

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
We've seen foxes and coyote in that area, and saw a ton of deer driving along 98 several nights back in April between 331 & Seagrove. I figured hogs were deep in the Pt. Washington State Forest, because I've seen odd little hoof tracks that look different from those of deer. I figured they kept to themselves back there, so I'm surprised these little piggies went to Market. Perhaps the third one had already gotten upset and gone all the way home...

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
We've seen foxes and coyote in that area, and saw a ton of deer driving along 98 several nights back in April between 331 & Seagrove. I figured hogs were deep in the Pt. Washington State Forest, because I've seen odd little hoof tracks that look different from those of deer. I figured they kept to themselves back there, so I'm surprised these little piggies went to Market. Perhaps the third one had already gotten upset and gone all the way home...

:lol: Good, very good!:lol:

lennonsdarlin

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
"We grow Hogs, children and fleas". Hog farms were everywhere! Hogtown Bayou????They're everywhere, rootin'!!! I have a friend in Choctaw that captures and releases on hunting land. I used to live in Val'p and had an old guy that would just sit and talk for days about stuff like that. He was a photographer, so there were pictures to go with the stories.:clap:

totaljen

Beach Lover
May 29, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
Even though I'm "fairly healthy".....it wasn't I that was seen.....:D

:lolabove:Okay, I don't even know you, but that was funny!!:rotfl:

Maybe Boar's Head was just making a 'green' delivery to our friendly neighborhood Publix? :D