• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
oh lordy!!!...i was wondering when biff was going to make an appearance...:D
You will KNOW it when he is in the house! :shock::rotfl: I can't wait to see another play, with you in it, with Biff again! Ear splitting laughter!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
we're firing the engines for another crazy week of FUDDY!!! Prepared to see a lot of SoWal faces this week!:clap:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
FULL HOUSES every night!!! tomorrow will be x-tra special!!!:clap::clap::clap:

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
We've got some empty seats to fill tonight! Call by 5 at the box office to reserve or show up around 7 at the door to get tickets!
BOX OFFICE 850.231.0733

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
P3220026sm.jpg

Get your REP gear at the REP!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
not sure who was crazier tonight...the characters....or the audience...;-)

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
http://www.waltonsun.com/entertainment/hit_1621___article.html/meers_rep.html

Seaside Repertory Theatre's production of "Fuddy Meers" may well be its best venture yet.

The comedy/drama's intriguing, fast-paced and well-executed plot offers no opportunity for minds to wander.

The theater's executive director Craige Hoover's excellent casting can be credited for much of the play's believability.

Veteran Seaside Rep actor Kevin Boyles offers a stellar and poignant performance as mentally-challenged Millet and his talking puppet.

Equally compelling is Jill Stapleton Bergeron's portrayal of Gertie, the mother.

Cast in the lead as amnesiac Claire is Rep newcomer Lacey Morgan Renteria. Renteria brings to the stage a solid background in regional theaters and commercials in St. Louis, Chicago and New York. She moved to the area last year.

David Hopkins as the limping man, Dustin Harding as Richard and David McElwee as Kenny share the male top billing with Boyles.

Hopkins is a veteran not only of Seaside Rep productions, but also of the television soap opera "The Guiding Light." He moved to South Walton following 9/11 and teaches at the Montessori School.

Hoover said Hopkins and Renteria have a stage presence and charisma that is hard to find.

"You cast the best actors and the audience will buy in," he said, which has been backed up by audience reaction.

"Audience reaction to ‘Fuddy Meers' has been fantastic," he said. "Many folks come back to see it more than once."

The play, written by American playwright David Lindsay-Abaire, was directed by Mark Robinson and is performed Wednesday through Saturday nights through July 26. Show times are 7:30 p.m. at the Seaside Meeting Hall Theater. For tickets call (850) 231-0733 or visit www.seasiderep.org.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
not sure who was crazier tonight...the characters....or the audience...;-)

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm never sure what to say to the folks who see you for the first time and rave about you. It's just what I expect from you (always have) and you never disappoint me. You were absolutely wonderful...again...!

And there wasn't a weak member in the cast--yikes! Y'all clicked along like a well-oiled machine without making it seem like a well-oiled machine at all. Very fresh and spontaneous. Your accent, Dustin's accent, Gert's "stroke talk", Kevin's double character/ ventriloquism...not a crack in it anywhere. It's rare that I'm not ready for the bows in a show, but last night I could have sat there a while longer.

If there's anyone left who hasn't seen it, get your arse over to the Rep! (Doggammit!)