• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Ask Cindy to join the conversation here. I bet she could tell us a thing or two when she leaves office.

Also I hear Bob Hudson has been a real thorn in her side, and now he's throwing her name out all over the place like they're tight and she is mad as a hornet about it. Maybe she is supporting a particular candidate to succeed her?

I would definitely not state ( and have never stated) that I am "tight" with Cindy Meadows. I have stated that I worked with her on issues in the past. On some occassions we agreed and on others we disagreed.

If you have a different perspective are you a "thorn in her side". I have always tried to show respect for anyone in an elected position even when we disagree.

She has chosen to endorse Alan. That is her right and I respect her right to do so.

My campaign is based on issues and working to make Walton County a better place for all.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
For the record, if it is not too late, PLEASE ask Cindy if she would have supported the Redfish Village project since she missed the vote.
Thanks again!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Nice show Matt. Thanks for including questions from and about SoWal.com. We look forward to seeing Cindy become more a part of our online community if and when she is available.

If she does decide to run for State office, I'm sure most in our community will back her up.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
For the record, if it is not too late, PLEASE ask Cindy if she would have supported the Redfish Village project since she missed the vote.
Thanks again!
What difference does it make!! The vote is over and done with and although I certainly agree it was a bad, bad mistake by the BCC, nothing can be done about it now and it is a dead issue.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I would definitely not state (and have never stated) that I am "tight" with Cindy Meadows. I have stated that I worked with her on issues in the past. On some occassions we agreed and on others we disagreed.

If you have a different perspective are you a "thorn in her side". I have always tried to show respect for anyone in an elected position even when we disagree.

She has chosen to endorse Alan. That is here right and I respect her right to do so.

My campaign is based on issues and working to make Walton County a better place for all.

Bob,

After listening to Cindy Meadows' responses to two of my questions above, I can now say with certainty, at least from my viewpoint, that Cindy's endorsement of another candidate does NOT hurt your chances.

Her TRUE COLORS came shining through during this interview, disappointing as it was.

She could not even take a stand on Redfish Village today on 30ARadio which Sara Comander stated was one of the most important issues that the commissioners have faced. I don't really care why she missed the vote, but I believe she owes her constituents what her position is or would have been if she were there to have voted. Lots of time, effort and money from many local property owners went into opposing this inappropriate access.

She completely dodged the issue...like a true politician.

Now that she mentioned she may run for a state representative position, I guess she can still rely on help from these same developers.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Bob,

After listening to Cindy Meadows' responses to two of my questions above, I can now say with certainty, at least from my viewpoint, that Cindy's endorsement of another candidate does NOT hurt your chances.

Her TRUE COLORS came shining through during this interview, disappointing as it was.

She could not even take a stand on Redfish Village today on 30ARadio which Sara Comander stated was one of the most important issues that the commissioners have faced. I don't really care why she missed the vote, but I believe she owes her constituents what her position is or would have been if she were there to have voted. Lots of time, effort and money from many local property owners went into opposing this inappropriate access.

Now that she mentioned she may run for a state representative position, I guess she can still rely on help from these same developers.

She doesn't owe you an explanation about a vote she never made, but I still thought she gave a decent answer anyway by saying she had not gotten enough information on the subject to be able to say how she would have voted, but that it have been a vote in the community's best interest. She also explained she was with her mother who was ill. If you can't accept it and move on then we can see your true colors.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Bob,

Not a chance. That seat is for a Bay county resident when Marti Coley is finished. The people that would be needed to raise the dollars to run all are seriously committed to Bay county. Plus there are rumors of two other Walton County people trying to line up for that same seat. I just do not see it happening based on some of the positions I have seen taken.

Can that interview be found online to replay? I was busy this morning and could not listen in.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
She doesn't owe you an explanation about a vote she never made, but I still thought she gave a decent answer anyway by saying she had not gotten enough information on the subject to be able to say how she would have voted, but that it have been a vote in the community's best interest. She also explained she was with her mother who was ill. If you can't accept it and move on then we can see your true colors.

Kurt, trust me, she received PLENTY of information all through the RFV ordeal. She had as much information as Sara Comander did up to the day of the vote. And Ms. Comander had the courage and fortitude to oppose the access as well as the good ole boys.

And I'll repeat myself again...I don't care why Ms. Meadows missed the vote. That was not the point nor the question.

What is in the "community's best interest" as seen by Cindy Meadows? Even my arch nemisis, AndyA :wave:, agrees the whole thing was a "bad, bad mistake".

I don't think it is asking too much from one's own commissioner to find out where they stood on such an important vote... kind of like an exit poll. For her to say she did not receive enough information to make a decision clearly speaks for itself.

Some people say RFV is past history (agree) and that it shouldn't matter (disagree). How else will the county do the "right thing" in the future when even one's commissioner who's disctrict this occurred in can not even take stand in this very very important issue and possibly influence similar future votes.

Kurt, those are my true colors...the fact that I don't want to see this RFV debacle happen again in someone else's backyard.

As everyone knows, forget the past and it will certainly repeat itself.

MattChrist Live

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2008
The Bay
Not a chance. That seat is for a Bay county resident when Marti Coley is finished. The people that would be needed to raise the dollars to run all are seriously committed to Bay county. Plus there are rumors of two other Walton County people trying to line up for that same seat. I just do not see it happening based on some of the positions I have seen taken.

Can that interview be found online to replay? I was busy this morning and could not listen in.

The show will replayed in July, and I'll let you know when. I just got a macbook and am discovering I can make podcasts really easily, so maybe a few shows will be put up online sometime in the near future.

If you PM with your email address, I should be able to send you a digital copy of the show.