• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
What about the boardwalks, park plans, bike paths, and other assorted tourist related projects? Oh and buying "endangered land" i.e. Gulf front lots? I agree concerning the Code enforcement vehicles, they need to trade them in on a less expensive model. How exactly they could get the money back for the expensive lettering, I don't know. The big, blue sign debacle, I still haven't gotten a straight answer about the funds that were spent for the signs, and what happened to it now that the signs have been removed. And, how much will the new signs be, and who will pay for them?
Concerning the employees, they don't need to touch those wages, if nothing else, the county needs to reimburse money spent on fuel. In fact, considering the current economic situation, many of those employees may not be able to continue to afford to work at the pay they are getting. More like paying the county for the privilege!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Boardwalks, the signs, etc come from the Tourist Development Tax, and even if there were no more beach facilites built, by Florida Statute (125.0104, to be specific) the TDT cannot be redirected to purposes not related to tourism. Try again.

Besides, the boardwalks at the beach accesses are the best thing (for those of us who do not have a four-wheel drive with a beach permit) since sliced bread. You can even rinse your little piggies off before you track sand into your car. :chill:

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
abolish SOH so that everyone is equal before the law, and vote in a state income tax.

Bob, if you are serious about enacting a state income tax, you may need a session or two with Bob Newhart or Sigmund Freud.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I think we could do without a cop on every corner, this weekend alone I saw cop cars sitting doing nothing in two or three parking lots in Sowal, Freeport and city cops in the median of 331 in DeFuniak. :shock::shock::shock: I also think we can get out of the business of supporting all of these non-profits and charities, if I choose to support Grit & Grace, Little League, ARC, the Fair, Chautauqua, etc then I will give to them but I should not be forced to contribute through taxes.:clap::clap::clap:I definitely DO NOT think we should slow down on improving infrastructure such as paving roads, building sewage systems and water projects nor should we slow down on improving our # 1 asset- our beaches. Purchasing the rare parcel that is undeveloped and conserving it for future generations is a definite keeper as is preserving our disappearing historical structures.:cool::cool::cool:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
What Sowal roads you driving? :dunno:

I've got a lead foot and people tailgate and pass me like I'm going backwards instead of 10 over.

If fewer tickets for revenue are an issue, have them write more instead of chewing the fat in area parking lots.

I just post the numbers. Ticket writing is down. I could not think of any other reason why deputies would be writing fewer tickets. :D

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
maybe too many are spending too much tine parked side by side chatting. Lately, I have seen more and more of that...what do they find to talk about?:dunno:

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Boardwalks, the signs, etc come from the Tourist Development Tax, and even if there were no more beach facilites built, by Florida Statute (125.0104, to be specific) the TDT cannot be redirected to purposes not related to tourism. Try again.

Besides, the boardwalks at the beach accesses are the best thing (for those of us who do not have a four-wheel drive with a beach permit) since sliced bread. You can even rinse your little piggies off before you track sand into your car. :chill:

It still gives the appearance of prosperity, kind of like icing a cake that's not baked! People are in serious financial difficulties!

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
[/B]

NO!!!!!!!!!! More taxes???? Are you serious?????
if it's the only way to get what you want...what else can be done? it also seems to be the problem on the federal level. huge deficits but no one wants their program or benefit taken away. we all seem to want what we don't care to pay for.