• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
It would be great if drivers obeyed all the rules of the road too. I wonder how many people driving down 30A are over .08 BAC, drive over 25 35 or 45 mph speed posted, come to rolling stops, pass over when there is a double line, or drive out on Grayton without a permit :dunno:

or drive side by side so a cyclist cannot pass....................

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
It would be great if drivers obeyed all the rules of the road too. I wonder how many people driving down 30A are over .08 BAC, drive over 25 35 or 45 mph speed posted, come to rolling stops, pass over when there is a double line, or drive out on Grayton without a permit :dunno:

Excellent point!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis

You are right it would be great if drivers did obey the rules of the road, I do. Not sure though what stating there are bad drivers on 30-A has to do with bad habits of cyclists on 30-A. Bad car drivers bother me as much as bad cyclists.

Surely you are not saying because some people are not good drivers it makes it ok for cyclists to be bad drivers too. :dunno:

Two wrongs do not make it right.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Cyclists on the road don't bother me as much as some of the recreational idiots out there. Driving thru Seaside yesterday a guy came roaring out of the Pensacola pavilion on his bike, didn't look, didn't stop, and didn't even pause. He just flew across the road like he was the last man on earth. If I had been going slightly faster or left the house a minute earlier he would be plastered on the hood of my truck.

You are right it would be great if drivers did obey the rules of the road, I do. Not sure though what stating there are bad drivers on 30-A has to do with bad habits of cyclists on 30-A. Bad car drivers bother me as much as bad cyclists.

Surely you are not saying because some people are not good drivers it makes it ok for cyclists to be bad drivers too. :dunno:

Two wrongs do not make it right.

Nope. I just think it's funny how people are quick to point out how cyclists don't obey traffic law but seem to overlook drivers who do. I would have gotten irritated if a cyclist rode down the center line or would not let a car pass. I ride the the white line as much as possible. But even then some motorists are rude and all to save maybe 10 to 30 seconds on their trip. According to state law, cyclists have just as much right to be on the road as motorists so take a deep breath and accept it.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Nope. I just think it's funny how people are quick to point out how cyclists don't obey traffic law but seem to overlook drivers who do. I would have gotten irritated if a cyclist rode down the center line or would not let a car pass. I ride the the white line as much as possible. But even then some motorists are rude and all to save maybe 10 to 30 seconds on their trip. According to state law, cyclists have just as much right to be on the road as motorists so take a deep breath and accept it.

Agree, I dislike the bad drivers equally as much as the bad cyclists. As a former Driver's Ed teacher it is a major pet peeve.

And my last trip I did experience some of those drivers you described and they were very impatient with my driving the speed limit along 30-A.

Luckily I did not encounter any rude cyclists, we have plenty here though. :bang:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Are they rude or just dehydrated into irritability? :D

God love 'em for trying to bike in Memphis weather. :eek:

That actually made me laugh, maybe that is the problem, they are sweating so hard they can not see those stop signs. :rotfl: