• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MattChrist Live

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2008
The Bay
Correction, no NFL players, Head coach of the Saints, Sean Payton, some guy from the rock group, Better than Ezera, Mickey Loomis Gen manager of the Saints.

Coach Payton will be one of my guests on this Sunday's Matthew Christ Live from 11-noon on 30A Radio...check back on sowal later in the week for the usual "guest announcement" thread.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Recognizing a celebrity who is a ditz, doesn't define one as being superficial. Going to Bud & Alley's just to hang out with the celebritney's does, IMO.

I wish I had it in me to let stuff go...

SJ, maybe that *would* make one superficial- I dunno. But even if it did-
I don't recall reading one post in either Jessica thread that said anyone went there "just to hang out" with them. Correct me if I am wrong if you have the energy...

Even though I am arguably the main contributor to keeping it going, I gotta say I am perplexed by all the hatin' from so many of our own local "celebs" like yourself...

We post that we saw a famous person at a local spot. Fun stuff.

Oh, but she didn't contribute enough to society so I guess it isn't fun. And she is a ditz so I guess it isn't fun. And if that's the type of famous person who comes here 30A is doomed so I guess it isn't fun. And now the "superficial police" are writing tickets to innocent bystanders...

:dunno:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I know people who went to B&A's that night just to try and hang out with the girl.

As for my personal choice of company, I'd rather spend time with good friends, or new acquaintances.

Again, if you want to keep celebrittney-s around here, it is best not to run them off by drooling over them and letting everyone know they are here. Celebrity or non-celebrity, we are all just people, some dumb, some smart, and many in between. I like to think that I am somewhere in the middle.

I can see why a golfer would drool over hanging out with Tiger Woods, a budding actor drooling over hanging out with ... ??? Tom Cruise, a musician hanging out with Michael Stipe, a politician or politically interested person hanging out with Barack Obama, a young football player hanging out with OJ (oops!), I mean Peyton Manning, or a teenage pop-fan hanging out with Jessica Simpson. Last time I went to B&A's, I don't recall seeing many 13 year old girls.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
SJ, I'm a bit confused. Are you surprised at the opening poster for calling attention to Jessica Simpson being at his establishment? That's where I see this all began. But I don't see it as being a big deal really. :dunno:

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
As I read this thread my employees called me and said E Entertainment just called the store I manage to see if she came in to buy stuff.

Lol, I always wondered if store owners called the mags to tell them this stuff in return for a little publicity. Now I know the mags are just so desperate for the dish that they'll go through the listings and call the stores! Amazing.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I know people who went to B&A's that night just to try and hang out with the girl.

As for my personal choice of company, I'd rather spend time with good friends, or new acquaintances.

Again, if you want to keep celebrittney-s around here, it is best not to run them off by drooling over them and letting everyone know they are here. Celebrity or non-celebrity, we are all just people, some dumb, some smart, and many in between. I like to think that I am somewhere in the middle.

I can see why a golfer would drool over hanging out with Tiger Woods, a budding actor drooling over hanging out with ... ??? Tom Cruise, a musician hanging out with Michael Stipe, a politician or politically interested person hanging out with Barack Obama, a young football player hanging out with OJ (oops!), I mean Peyton Manning, or a teenage pop-fan hanging out with Jessica Simpson. Last time I went to B&A's, I don't recall seeing many 13 year old girls.

SJ,
You are normally so coherent but again you have perplexed me...

Even though it might seem like it because we're getting old(er)-
:lol:

She isn't some teeny bopper Hannah Montana. She is 28 years old- a gorgeous Hollywood starlet in our area. I posted saying it was neat to see her out. What is the bf deal?

Apologies to all for the trainwreck...