• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
My wife and I are moving and this needs to go. The company will not pay the mileage to have us move this car. I have not driven the car in awhile because I have driven my DD mostly. I had to buy a new battery because of this. So it has a new battery :). I will try and disclose EVERYTHING I know about the car. The price reflects all the defects.

Specs on car:

1997 BMW 540/6
105k miles
AA Style Intake
OEM M5 Front Bumper
OEM Halo's and Xenons
6 disc changer
Valve Cover gasket replacement
PO said clutch was changed at 75k miles.

Things wrong with the car:

1. Clear coat failure

2. Small oil leak. The reason for this is because I took the car to wal mart to have the oil change and they striped the plug. I retapped the plug but I didnt tap it large enough. The leak can be taken care of by retapping with a 13MM bolt.

3. Brake Pads need to be replaced. These need to be done ASAP.

4. Thrust arm bushings need to be replaced. You can feel the shimmy at 60 mph.

5. Wouldn't hurt to change out suspension, but not life or death thing.

6. There is a CEL that throws but is not shown on gauge picture. It is because the O2's need to be replaced.

7. Also the intake manifold gaskets wouldn't hurt to be changed. It would sometimes die when you came to a stop. I have had mechanics tell me it is the intake manifold gasket. It hasn't done this lately.

8. Airbag Light is on because people have told me it has to do with the seat belts. Something I need to replace.

Here is the VIN if you want to run it :
WBADE5327VBV91580

As you can see, I am trying to tell you exactly what I know about the car. I do not wish to do any maintenance to it for we are about to move and my wife is due any day now. I feel the price is reflecting that. This is a firm price. If I can't get what I am asking, I will just hold the car and pay it off and sell it for what I need. I am willing to pay up to $300 for shipping or that can be put to maintenance needs......the brakes need to be done!

The car runs and pulls very well. It is extremely comfortable drive and gets about 34 mpg on the highway when cruising.

Price is $6,500 firm. I will not entertain any lowball offers, so don't try. If you have any questions, please let me know. I have A LOT of pictures below.

Last edited:

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
Clear Coat failure on driver side pillar:
IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

Clear Coat Failure on Driver side back door:
IMG_0691.jpg

Clear Coat Failure on Driver Side rear fender:
IMG_0693.jpg

Back Bumper where it was bumped into:
IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

Rear Shot:
IMG_0697.jpg

Scratch on Trunk:
IMG_0699.jpg

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
Picture shows the clear coat failure on the hood:
IMG_0676.jpg

More:
IMG_0677.jpg

Small Crack in the M5 front bumper :
IMG_0678.jpg

Scrap on the passenger side of M5 front bumper:
IMG_0682.jpg

More Clearcoat failure on the hood :
IMG_0683.jpg

Driver Side shot:
IMG_0684.jpg

Scratch in the front driver side fender:
IMG_0686.jpg

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
You can buy a new M5 rear bumper to match the front M5 bumper for about $200 from here:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/e36bumpers.html

[FONT=arial, helvetica]E39 M5 Rear Bumper
trans_1x1.gif
This item is Polypropelene like the front bumper and comes with all the required parts: Rub Strips, Tow Hook Cover and Diffuser.
For actual customer reviews and pictures of installs, check us out in the E39 section at bimmerforums.com DDM Tuning BMW E39 M5 Bumper Sale Thread

trans_1x1.gif

E39M5RRBMP
trans_1x1.gif
Regular price: $237.00
trans_1x1.gif
Sale price: $200.00
trans_1x1.gif

Join the wholesale club and get 15% off that price.
[/FONT]