• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We'll arrive in Seagrove 3 weeks from tomorrow for a 2 week stay.

Stinky's became my new favorite last year for their crawfish pie as well as every other yummy thing we tried on our 2 visits. I am a fan of gyros at lunch at Yianni's. I love Ciao Bella pizza so we'll go into Destin for that. We are Red Bar fans as well. There's also a chinese place in Destin that I love for lunch, I know where it is but always forget the name.

This year we're trying D&K cafe based on the great reviews I've seen here. I'm thinking we'll try gravel road as well. Any other places ya'll recommend we try.

I've considered Criollas but their menu looks kind of fancy with lots of aioli's and such-I don't like my food all stacked up and covered with sauces so I'm not sure on that one.

Last year our fine dining night was at Royal B's, great gumbo and shrimp creole but disappointing snapper and peanut butter pie.

Any rec's would be appreciated! 4 other couples with kiddos ranging from 6-14 will meet us for week 2 of our trip so any rec's including or for them are appreciated as well.

jamie

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2007
Sounds like you all like to eat out a lot--I don't blame you! But if you decide that you want to eat in & don't want to spend your precious vacation time in the kitchen, you could call me! I am a personal chef; I mostly cook for large families/groups of friends that are vacationing in the area. When you start talking about large groups going out to dinner, you can save a lot of money by hiring a personal chef & spliting the cost. Just an idea!

As far as where to eat out, there are so many wonderful restaurants in the area, it is hard to narrow it down to just a couple! One of my favorites is Jasmine Thai restaurant in Destin, next to Chan's Wine World, just down from Pier One. It's not fine dining, but really good, reasonably priced thai food with outdoor dining. D&K is an excellent choice, glad to hear you are trying them out! You already mentioned Gravel Road which is a great choice, as is Borago. The list could go on & on. Enjoy & give me a shout if you are interested in being catered to in the comfort of your place!

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Vacation means not cooking dinner in my world! I cook a nice breakfast daily, we snack during the day and we enjoy our dinner and drinks in the evening!!

I'll talk to the group and see if they'd be interested in a chef night. What types of dinners do you do? We're NOT into fancy but we are into flavorful!

We're planning to do steamed shrimp and grilled steaks and sausage the night the other 4 families arrive to avoid the rush and allow for maximum arrival day time in the water.

We always go to the Lighthouse in Destin, I know others say it's gone downhill but we always have good food and it's such a part of our family tradition. These days there's no wait so at least half the group is going there one night.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I'll second the rec for Jasmine Thai. Just know that even their medium can be pretty hot depending on who's in the kitchen. Far better than Royal Orchid by the outlet mall, which has slipped in recent years, IMO.

Not sure which Chinese place you're thinking of but Miss Chen's by the harbor lost their lease and closed last year.

Closer to the condo, Fabrice's in Watercolor has great pastries to take out and more yumminess if you decide to eat in.

appalach

Beach Comber
May 16, 2008
Flavorful but not fancy

If you want flavor, try JamBone in Santa Rosa Beach for some outstanding barbecue! It is a new restaurant on 98 located where Coco's used to be. Here is a link to their menu...

http://www.jambone.net/Menus.html

I can personally vouch for the cuban bbq. Unbelievable! If you want great food in a relaxed atmosphere, you won't be disappointed.

appalach

Beach Comber
May 16, 2008
Relaxed as in not "stuffy." Not relaxed as in always quiet and low key. They have live music, tv's, wifi, etc. Fun place! :clap:

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We'll put Jasmine and Jambone on our list! Cuban barbeque sounds great, we tried cuban food in Key West in May and we thought it was fabulous!

The chinese place may be called Dynasty, it's in a shopping center towards Destin, west of Sandestin and the outlet mall, south side of the hwy, it's been there for several years; we usually do lunch there the day I hit the outlet mall.