• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
The Walton County sheriff's office needs your help in finding a missing person. 82 year old Colin Hale was last seen around 10 Thursday night at the Crystal Bay Retirement Center near Sandestin.
Hale is in the early stages of Alzheimer?s. He is a white male with a noticeable scar on his nose.
If you see Mr. Hale please contact the Walton County Sheriff?s Department at 267-2000 and any local police agency with any information.
Please contact your local law enforcement agency or the Walton County sheriff's office with any information.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Does anyone know if they found him yet? I saw the sheriffs dept helicopter out yesterday around 4 or 5 and it looked like they were searching out in this area (Bay DR).

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Not found

As of about 4:00 he had not been found. Anyone out there want to put to together a search party tomorrow.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Not found

As of 8:30 am July7th he has not been found.
What is up with the NW FL Daily News only one blurb on the subject.
There should be a huge article with a photo in the paper.
It is very upsetting, I keep thinking what if it was my mother missing.

9:20 am called Crystal Bay to see if there was any search partys formed, referred me to the sheriffs dept. Called the Sheriffs dept, They do not need any help looking for him

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
anyone know if this person has been found? I have not heard anything about a search for him????

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Missing man

He has not been found. The feeling is that he is out of the area, maybe hitchhiked somewhere.