• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Perspicasity

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2007
Perspicasity staff gearing up for the parade
IMG_1813.jpg

Riding bikes in the parade
IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

Statue of Liberty & Uncle Sam
IMG_1842.jpg

Patriotic hippie
IMG_1841.jpg

Cruising in the wagon
IMG_1848.jpg

Pirate
IMG_1870.jpg

Seaside cheerleaders
IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

I heart Seaside! :love:
IMG_1807.jpg

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
It's sooo different 1,200 miles North of Seaside on the 4th. of July parade. We celebtrate every year in Harbor Springs, MI with the July 4th. parade, arts & craft show, people watching, walking the beach looking at boats & the grand finally fireworks over the bay. It's like a Norman Rockwell happening.:love::love:

The highligt is watching the military young & old at the parade's lead. Everyone stands with their hand on their heart and tears roll down everyones face. It's truly a wonderful feeling to be an American.

Here's a few photo's

BTW: SoWal & Northern Mi are different, but people are the same.

Tom, (summer in MI, winter in SoWal)

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I love the Perspicasity pics! I have pics from when my sister and I worked at Perspicasity in 1988? and walked in the Parade. I still have my polka dot socks. :lol:

Last edited:

Perspicasity

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2007
Post them please!!! Do you have a scanner? I would love to see "vintage" parade pics & PSCY staff pics.

Thanks!

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
It's sooo different 1,200 miles North of Seaside on the 4th. of July parade. We celebtrate every year in Harbor Springs, MI with the July 4th. parade, arts & craft show, people watching, walking the beach looking at boats & the grand finally fireworks over the bay. It's like a Norman Rockwell happening.:love::love:

The highligt is watching the military young & old at the parade's lead. Everyone stands with their hand on their heart and tears roll down everyones face. It's truly a wonderful feeling to be an American.

Here's a few photo's

BTW: SoWal & Northern Mi are different, but people are the same.

Tom, (summer in MI, winter in SoWal)
thanks for posting these! I love 4th of july parades. You are very lucky 2 grayt places to spend your time according to the season. So what is the ave temps there in July and August?

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
thanks for posting these! I love 4th of july parades. You are very lucky 2 grayt places to spend your time according to the season. So what is the ave temps there in July and August?

CP:wave:

Sssh, don't tell everyone, but the temp's in July & August are 75.0 F average & 58.0 F in the evening with gentle breezes, low humidity, lots of things to do & see. This area is the Midwest resort vacation center. I have to confess, that SoWal has better restaurants & white sand beaches. :love:

I know everyone likes pictures, so here's a few more of the parade, lots of old & new cars, Lots of flowers, lots of sail boats, lots of wood boats, I believe wood boats would not survive in SoWals salt water.

T