• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yup. Also Watercolor. Sorry to see all these nice people out of a job.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Wild Olives is going to be super crazy now! :yikes: I have NEVER been in Starbucks in Rosemary where there was not 3 or more people in line!

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Yup. Also Watercolor. Sorry to see all these nice people out of a job.
I'm sorry, too, but I'll take a certain delight in the look on Mr. Pod's face when I tell him. He's such a Starbucks sheep. :roll:
P.S. I only see the Rosemary Beach and Watercolor stores listed, Kurt. Is the Grayton one also closing?

Last edited:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I agree that locally owned is a great thing but ... if these three Starbucks are unprofitable :shock:, it appears there must be a problem with unreasonably high commercial rents along 30-A. What, logically, are the businesses that can succeed in such an environment? What will go into those spaces and thrive?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Percy, that's what I heard today but it was from someone who owns a coffee shop, not official from SB. This person also told me the Rosemary location may become a locally-owned coffee house.

Sparky

Beach Comber
Dec 6, 2006
Rosemary location to become a locally-owned coffee shop? I hope so. Still, the Starbucks will be missed. My family spent a lot of quality time there this summer during our stay. Bummer!

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I agree that locally owned is a great thing but ... if these three Starbucks are unprofitable :shock:, it appears there must be a problem with unreasonably high commercial rents along 30-A. What, logically, are the businesses that can succeed in such an environment? What will go into those spaces and thrive?

I agree. The high rents would be hard for a locally owned business to handle -- with the seasonality to the revenue. Hopefully, the "success" of the SB will encourage someone to risk it.