• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
oh i can relate, we had a nice family let us use their dock, after walking through the bay, and drove us back to our place, while someone waited w/ the boat until we could get it back. we were in a flat bottom carolina skiff.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Where is your sense of adventure? Wimp...........

I think standing calf deep in water 400 yards from any land with thunderstorms in the distance is pretty adventurous. :eek: Of course when our raft gets caught on the bottom it just means we aren't drinking the beer out of the cooler fast enough. :D

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
I have a fuzzy photo of the bungalows on Black's Island. Taken last year. No people as of then. I will post in the member photo gallery.

And shallow is an apt description of the bay. Nearly beached our boat in short order after snapping the pic of Black's. We were coming back across the bay from the state park. Stayed out on the point too long. Wind advisory, tide change on a shallow bay and our 21' Yahama do not mix. We learned a lot on that trip.
one of the best places ever.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
We paid a vist last week for the first time and really enjoyed walking around and visiting all the shops. Next time, we are going to St George Island as well.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
and the hammerhead we saw.:leaving:back in the boat.

I don't think there have been any reported shark attacks in St. Joe Bay, but beware of the stingrays...they are everywhere and the closest hospital is in Panama City. We found out the hard way that the hospital in St. Joe was closed down.

Instead of seeing a doctor, we went back to our rental house and administered tylenal and crown royal until I could get home a few days later. Turned out to be a good trip.......:shock: