• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
I rode out on Grayton Beach about an hour ago and the water is pretty clear. Lots of jellyfish tho'. Some spots off shore have june grass but close in it was clear.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Grayton was nice most of the day- still lots of June grass but not pea soup. "Semi-clear" would be a good description, since we could see the jellies despite the June grass. Lots of small harmless jellies for most of the day, then late afternoon the big bad ones came in, along with thicker June grass.

We had a great day at the beach- it was beautiful!

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
I've decided that I'm not going to be looking at the beach conditions anymore. It's making me second guess the plans. Bottom line is, we can't control it, so we'll just take it as it comes. I think it might be better karma for a vacation to just "let it be."

When I try to over-plan, things backfire. If you go with no grand plan except to enjoy being with each other, then things seem to fall into place. We've had some of our best times because the "real plan" fell through. And that's in life as well as vacations.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Can anyone give an update to how the beach is today or was over the weekend?

I was in Dune Allen over the weekend and it really wasn't that bad. The surf was pretty flat, so most of the june grass settled to the bottom in patches. It wasn't that hard to find some nice clear water. I think the key is getting on the beach early in the morning before the surf kicks up and stirs up the june grass.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I was at Ed Walline earlier this morning and the water was the clearest I've seen in awhile, but isn't there a storm entering the gulf today? That's sure to stir things up a bit even though it's predicted to stay far to our south.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Come anyway - worst case scenario you have funn playing in an outfall or coastal dune lake and not IN the ocean.

Still a pretty view and great vacation! :D

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I was at Ed Walline earlier this morning and the water was the clearest I've seen in awhile, but isn't there a storm entering the gulf today? That's sure to stir things up a bit even though it's predicted to stay far to our south.

That would be tropical storm Dolly that is expected to strengthen into a hurricane over the next 24 hours. It'll stir up the june grass a little, but head down to the beach and watch the very happy surfers. Get ready for red and double red flags too.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
It was beautiful this morning, had the best swim. And it was the first day in a while that I didn't see a single jellyfish.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
When (if) we get some good wave action from soon to be Hurricane Dolly, it will likely push most of the June Grass onshore, and it will quickly get buried by the sand.