• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
After the paddle board races at Oyster Lake I headed down to Grayton Beach and slipped the kayak into a flat gulf. There were a few schools of Skipjack and jellyfish were everywhere. I got a little distracted as I tried to follow the first jelly with my camera underwater and rolled the boat right over. I had a little rush of fear as I hit the water, thinking I might get stung all over. A few seconds after I got back in the kayak I realized I had a litlle sting on my face and a big one on my arm and chest. It wasn't too bad so I ignored it and kept shooting video. The dozens of small fish living in the tentacles of each jelly was an amazing sight, as the sun set on one side the moon rose on the other.

[ame="http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1676371734"]Brightcove.TV Is Off The Air[/ame]

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Way cool, thanks for sharing... The gulf has been gorgeous the past couple nights.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
You must speak jellyfishish. They seemed to be performing for the camera. Thanks for taking one for the team in the making of this video!:clap:

Oh yeah- where's the part where you fell into the water?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Shock :eek: and Awe :clap:! That was amazing! Thanks!